Rakeback issues.

• xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      Hi,

I got my rakeback yesterday at the usual time as always. However, I only got 1/5~ of what I was sepoused to get back. A friend of mine had the same problem, but he got 1/2 of his. Could I get some help please? I don't think I played a guarenteed tourney where the entrants didn't cover the prize pool, but could this somehow be checked out? Thanks. I've emailed full tilt but as usual they take forever. Thanks.
  • 6 replies
    • vinnie8887
      vinnie8887
      Bronze
      This section is taken directly from XXX [Edited by EagleStar88 - Please don't mention the competitors, many thanks] about how Full Tilt's rakeback system

"How is Player Rake Calculated?

Rake per person is total rake contributed by the player to the pot.
      Full Tilt Poker calculates the amount we receive for each player by the following calculation: Rake + Juice - Bonus - Player Added - Fees - Fraud - Used Points = Net Revenue

Rake: Cash game rake

Juice: Tournament fees e.g. $10 + $2 sit-n-go would result in $2 of juice

Bonus: These are bonuses Full Tilt Poker gives such as deposit bonuses

Player Added: If you play in a guarantee tournament that doesn't meet the guarantee Full Tilt Poker divides the amount of the overlay by the number of players in the tournament.

Fees: Full Tilt Poker shares the cost incurred by payment processors for depositing or withdrawing on the site with its affiliates.

Fraud: Any charge backs from credit cards will be deducted from rake.

Used Points: Every time you use Full Tilt points in the store or for tournaments you are deducted $0.005 per point."

On a side note, I'm not entirely sure if the recent "Take 2" promotion counted rake or not.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi xStephen,

As vinnie has confirmed there are several deductions that are taken off of your net earned rake prior to the calculation of rakeback. The take2 is the most obvious one currently running, but it could be any of these or combination of.

The rakeback is automatically calculated and is rarely wrong, so there shouldn't have been any problems, but if there was an error it will be corrected in future payments.

There is unfortunately no easy way to calculate what payment you are likely to receive. Software such as elephant, HEM, PT3 etc provide an indication of the net rake paid but are fair from accurate. PokerStrategy points are a better way but again not 100% accurate due to rounding etc.

Hope this helps to clarify,

Best regards,

Bart
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Almost certain Take2 is a $25 bump on this week's rakeback(I got mine on monday, atleast).

Apart from that, the general culprits are Bonus Releases and Store/Academy Store purchases.
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      I didn't take part in take 2. :l
    • vinnie8887
      vinnie8887
      Bronze
      Just an added note: I took part in Take2 and purchased 5000 points from the academy, I didn't get reduced rakeback from this.

Also I only lost about $15 in rakeback from using 13500 points too...I thought it was going to be much more than this.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vinnie8887
      Just an added note: I took part in Take2 and purchased 5000 points from the academy, I didn't get reduced rakeback from this.

Also I only lost about $15 in rakeback from using 13500 points too...I thought it was going to be much more than this.
      Hi vinnie,

Yes you're right. You don't get any deductions when purchasing ftp points, but do when actually spending them.

Again your calc looks correct to me. Here's what should've been deducted:

13,500 ftp points = worth approx $67.50 (13,500x$0.005).

Deduction from your Net Earned Rake balance = -$67.50

Therefore net effect on your rakeback payment = -$18.23 (27% of $67.50)

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart