This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25 AKo

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $35.75
      CO:
      $10.05
      Hero:
      $56.55

0.15/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , K:club:
      CO raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2.55, SB folds, BB calls $2.30, CO folds.

Flop: ($6.15) A:spade: , 2:club: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05.

Turn: ($8.25) J:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.35, Hero calls $1.35.

River: ($10.95) K:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $6.00, BB calls $5.25.

Final Pot: $22.95
  • 3 replies
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      raise F , dun be deterred by blocker bets of $1 into $6 pot , you are protecting yourself against gutshots ( 45 , 35 , 34 , QT , JT , QJ ) in case the river doesn't come your K or A.

you want to build the pot to take his whole stack.

ideal pot building scenario

BB:35.75
      hero : 56.55

PF : CO raises , hero ReRaises , BB calls

Flop : pot = $6 stack sizes / effective stack size : 33.2 ( what is left of BB as you cover BB)
      Co bets $1.05 , Hero bets 2/3 pot : $4.7 ( 2/3 x 7.05) co calls.

T : pot = $ 16.45 , effective stack size : 28.5
      Co checks , hero bets 1/2 pot : $8 , co calls.

R : pot = $32.45 , effective stack size : 20.5
      Co checks , hero happily pushes $20.50

Final pot : $32.45 + 20.5 x 2 = $73.45

look at the difference in value you are losing out.

($ 73.45 - 22.95 )

as you played , at the river , BB has $30.80 , pot size is $10.95.

How are you going to get the rest of his $30.80 ?

you can only try to get it if he has AA :D
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Yes, but I doubt he's calling a 3bet with 45 , 35 , 34 , QT , JT , QJ, though with his VPIP it's not that hard to imagine...

The blockbets usually aren't a strong hand. That's why I put him on KQ or KJ. With the J on the turn I should have raised. I just called flop cause I thought he'd tell me a lot about his hand on the turn, plus there werent many reasonable draws.

I wanted to keep weak hands in. With the J river I should have raised cause I put him on a KJ type of hand or some other pair+gutshot combo. I doubt he had QT. Against a weaker 2pair I think I could make the pot big anyways on turn and river but I didn't raise the turn, dunno why, maybe I was distracted at the time. If I had raised I think I could still play for stacks against a weaker 2pair, and pair+gutshot would probably call a turn raise at least. And even this way, if he had 2pair on the river, I could expect a 3bet from him since he's obviously not much of a thinking player.

I'm just explaining some of my thoughts, not making a case that that's the best play, just fishing for opinions :f_p:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would also like raising flop, not as much as Chenghao said, but my normal c-bet size, which is 3$ at that board. you can back your initiative and I doubt he is really b/f flop more for 2$ if he has there any sort of hand. Then you can bet or if he leads again, then raise to a little half pot size on the turn and finally shove river. if you don´t raise flop a little more then it is hard to get rest of his stack with very big hand