This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25 J5s

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      There's no value in a raise on the river...right? :rolleyes:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $28.20
      CO:
      $25.66
      BU:
      $24.95

0.15/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , 5:spade:
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.25, BU calls $0.25, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.90) 5:heart: , Q:diamond: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, CO folds, BU calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.80) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.80) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BU raises to $4.80, Hero calls $3.80.

Final Pot: $11.40
  • 7 replies
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Raise pre flop , charge them to see flop.

if you dun wanna get too aggressive preflop , then ch/f F T , call a reasonable bet on River
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      hey.
      Dont raise it prf cause fish on BB will call u most of the time and u dont have a hand at all against two ppl.
      I most likely dont bet on that flop cause u cant expect to get called by worser and u need to give it up to any aggression. I would most likely pot on a river and call a raise. I am not sure does these nl25 players call worser if u reraise.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I do usually raise similar situations but with 2 stations and this hand I don't like a preflop raise very much. They'll both call and I end up with a big pot and no hand.

On the flop I don't like checking back 2nd pairs in such a situation, but I should have bet a bit more. These two could have just about anything and I like to get one bet in and then c/f the rest, works often enough.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kevvu
      hey.
      Dont raise it prf cause fish on BB will call u most of the time and u dont have a hand at all against two ppl.
      I most likely dont bet on that flop cause u cant expect to get called by worser and u need to give it up to any aggression. I would most likely pot on a river and call a raise. I am not sure does these nl25 players call worser if u reraise.
      Yes, I do just c/f all the way sometimes, but I think these two are fishy enough to call with 22, 33, some 4s, weaker 5s and A-highs so I don't think a flop bet is out of the question.

And btw the fish in BB is me :f_p:
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Sry i ment BU :D . If u are even ahead then they have sufficent amount of odds to draw u easily out.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      But very often they take a stab with a minbet or something and I can't really call, and they could be doing it with all sorts of hands.

I should have bet more there, not just half pot, I'd usually bet like .65, dunno why I just bet half...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      preflop check is standard.
      Don´t really see j5s ahead their range that you should raise oop on the bb with garbage
      I would played flop the same way. b/c river is fine, since he can raise there worse 5x hands and sometimes also some bluffs although mostly his raising range is for value