Dealt to Hero J:diamond: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $1.75, CO calls $1.75, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.25) Q:diamond: 4:heart: K:spade:

Hero bets $2.50, CO raises to $6.50, Hero calls $4

TURN ($17.25) Q:diamond: 4:heart: K:spade: A:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $13.75, Hero calls $13.75

RIVER ($44.75) Q:diamond: 4:heart: K:spade: A:diamond: 3:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $27.25, Hero calls $27.25

Villain is unknown/no hands. Irish (in my experience often quite aggressive/loose - no offence intended).

I'm finding it quite difficult to justify my play in this hand. On the flop we have gutshot and one over card. Against any kind of value range we are doing pretty horribly and most probably we should just fold. Obviously we are doing well against air/draws.

Turn brings top pair and villain bets out 2/3. I think on the whole this is a good card for me - only JT got there. I think we have to make a decision now for the River as well (we can't really call on turn and fold on River).

any thoughts on this?
      one observation I have is that on the River villain should be checking behind a lot of his medium strength hands because the board is pretty scary now. Therefore in my opinion his range becomes even more polarised when he bets - hence my call down.
  • 8 replies
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      I agree w ur observation
      However... what could he possibly bluff there that he raised, barreled and then bets on R? Well, maybe some random XdXd and thats prob. it
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      players doesn´t really attack too often that quite board so for that reason I think b/f flop is fine. they should mostly have there KQ or 44. Sometimes they are making some kind of play with JT but that also got there on the turn, soto call down you really need to think he is pure bluffing smt like 56dd which people aren´t really almost never do
      So I´d b/f flop and move on with another hand or if I b/c flop then c/f turn, since once you call flop they aren´t really trying to make you fold your AK or smt
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Villain had 7 :spade: 6 :spade: for pure air.

I don't really think I can justify my call and I generally agree with your comments that bluff catching in this way is ultra-thin and probably losing money overall. I posted it mainly to show how aggressive and bluff happy some people are and the fact that if we always require the nutz to make a call down we may end up sending a lot of money in the direction of aggressive opponents... :(
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Jesus ... now u will make me call every TP ...:D thanks a lot :D
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64

I don't really think I can justify my call and I generally agree with your comments that bluff catching in this way is ultra-thin and probably losing money overall. I posted it mainly to show how aggressive and bluff happy some people are and the fact that if we always require the nutz to make a call down we may end up sending a lot of money in the direction of aggressive opponents... :(
      Fisssshhhhhh :s_grin: . What i said :D ...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64

yeah, a lot of times you don´t need to have nuts to call him down. Just question is when they are bluffing :D Just on that boards usually people don´t get crazy too often
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      what was his aggression factor at that point of time ? for overall / F /T /r ?
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      No aggression factor, cause he was unknown? :D