can we get a "come rail me!" subforum?

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I see these elsewhere and they have great success. I also like people watching me play; it helps me rationalise things.

would be a nice idea to have it all together don't you think?

I could of course post such things in the general forum, but this would not encourage railing, and railing of course makes the community more interactive, and allow people to learn more from each other etc.

I think its a win win, for both the players and pokerstrategy.com as a profit generating organization.

any chance? :f_p:

I would be happy to volunteer to moderate such a forum if so required.
  • 9 replies
    • DustyMonk
      DustyMonk
      Bronze
      I believe it is usually called "sweating" e.g. "I'll sweat you."

To rail someone usually means to bust them out of a tournament.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Nice idea conall88,

I'll check with the Community Managers to see if this is possible. If not, the Freeroll/Community events forum is possibly the most logical, but agree that sometimes they wouldn't get seen by members until after the event.

Not sure on the official defination personally, I think most people tend to use the generic term of "railing" as those standing on the rail, whether busted or just spectating.

Will get back to you soon conall88, thanks for raising.

Bart
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by DustyMonk
      I believe it is usually called "sweating" e.g. "I'll sweat you."

To rail someone usually means to bust them out of a tournament.
      that is incorrect, sir
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      In my experience, railing is just watching, sweating is watching the person play, i.e. mikogo or something, so you can generally discuss hands etc.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by fusionpk
      In my experience, railing is just watching, sweating is watching the person play, i.e. mikogo or something, so you can generally discuss hands etc.
      that is correct, sir
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      "Sending someone to the rail" or "felting them" means busting them from a tournament... "railing someone" is definitely just spectating them.

It's an interesting idea. Currently for sngs we have a skype group where we can talk to each other and get people to rail us; I think there is one somewhere for MTTs too.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      I know when I've been playing final qualifiers for live event packages, a fellow mod has usually posted in the forum letting people know.

It's always good to feel that you have the support of friends watching on even if you're too busy concentrating to talk yourself.

In my case it also keep my mind on the job in hand and playing solid rather than anything that would look funny in the forum later on :D

Bart
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I am in both but its not the same imo.

and there is infinitely more traffic here...
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      As Bart already posted we have our community forum, where you can post the tournament and your nickname, so other members can rail you. You also can use our poker room forums for specific tournaments like Sunday Million etc.

At the moment I do not see a lot of traffic for a forum like this and this is the main reason to create a new forum. If the community forum is full of rail threads we can definitely discuss it again.

Cheers,
      Hannes