[NL20-NL50] nl25 AKs

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I changed my mind so many times this hand..

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $30.20
      BU:
      $66.75

0.15/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2.95, BB folds, BU calls $2.05.

Flop: ($6.15) 7:heart: , K:heart: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, BU calls $4.00.

Turn: ($14.15) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.00, BU calls $7.00.

River: ($28.15) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $16.25 (All-In), BU raises to $52.80 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $60.65
  • 6 replies
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      PF , F looks standard.

Very wet board.

the A on the turn looks like a blank but it completes the straight for like QT.

how does the villian plays his Flush draws / straight draws ?
      how does the villian plays his strong hands on a wet board ? ( like 77 on 7KJh)

if you didn't make a note till this hand , this hand ought to give you an insight of either question.

On the river you really beat nothing. ( the rare AJ / A7) as you are behind tons of hands.

it think ch-ing the T for pot control is ok.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I don't think checking the turn is a good idea. I let him draw to a flush or straight for free, plus miss value form tons of other hands, I should have bet more maybe...but stacksizes were so awkward...

On the river I think I was committed...can I c/f top2 for 16 into 28? I think shoving is better than c/calling an all in, right?
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      if u know his the type who is addicted to flushes , then go ahead and pot flop and turn and confidently ch/fold to a river flush card and ch/c anything else.

(with notes taken from prior play of course)

if u know he plays his straight draws passively , then check the Turn as the straight go there (unless he has like 9T double gutter)
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Well yeah, if I know how exactly he plays any hand any time...I'd always make the right play, but I just don't :)
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      flop - 5$
      turn - 13$
      And river you will be having super low stack meaning it is not significant.That way you put all in on flop + turn and if he calls the turn with draw he is going to lose in long turn since he don't got good odds and any implied on the river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YUKNOW
      I don't think checking the turn is a good idea. I let him draw to a flush or straight for free, plus miss value form tons of other hands, I should have bet more maybe...but stacksizes were so awkward...

On the river I think I was committed...can I c/f top2 for 16 into 28? I think shoving is better than c/calling an all in, right?
      only reason to check turn is to c/rai and let him to bluff/bet with worse hands without worrying about the river card
      I generally also like barreling turn and then shoving river, since 34/18 would check back too often on the turn. I´d also bet a little larger to 9-10$ and on that point I´m pot committed and would shove any river card