This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25 AKs

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I changed my mind so many times this hand..

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $30.20
      BU:
      $66.75

0.15/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2.95, BB folds, BU calls $2.05.

Flop: ($6.15) 7:heart: , K:heart: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, BU calls $4.00.

Turn: ($14.15) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.00, BU calls $7.00.

River: ($28.15) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $16.25 (All-In), BU raises to $52.80 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $60.65
  • 6 replies
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      PF , F looks standard.

Very wet board.

the A on the turn looks like a blank but it completes the straight for like QT.

how does the villian plays his Flush draws / straight draws ?
      how does the villian plays his strong hands on a wet board ? ( like 77 on 7KJh)

if you didn't make a note till this hand , this hand ought to give you an insight of either question.

On the river you really beat nothing. ( the rare AJ / A7) as you are behind tons of hands.

it think ch-ing the T for pot control is ok.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I don't think checking the turn is a good idea. I let him draw to a flush or straight for free, plus miss value form tons of other hands, I should have bet more maybe...but stacksizes were so awkward...

On the river I think I was committed...can I c/f top2 for 16 into 28? I think shoving is better than c/calling an all in, right?
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      if u know his the type who is addicted to flushes , then go ahead and pot flop and turn and confidently ch/fold to a river flush card and ch/c anything else.

(with notes taken from prior play of course)

if u know he plays his straight draws passively , then check the Turn as the straight go there (unless he has like 9T double gutter)
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Well yeah, if I know how exactly he plays any hand any time...I'd always make the right play, but I just don't :)
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Bronze
      flop - 5$
      turn - 13$
      And river you will be having super low stack meaning it is not significant.That way you put all in on flop + turn and if he calls the turn with draw he is going to lose in long turn since he don't got good odds and any implied on the river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YUKNOW
      I don't think checking the turn is a good idea. I let him draw to a flush or straight for free, plus miss value form tons of other hands, I should have bet more maybe...but stacksizes were so awkward...

On the river I think I was committed...can I c/f top2 for 16 into 28? I think shoving is better than c/calling an all in, right?
      only reason to check turn is to c/rai and let him to bluff/bet with worse hands without worrying about the river card
      I generally also like barreling turn and then shoving river, since 34/18 would check back too often on the turn. I´d also bet a little larger to 9-10$ and on that point I´m pot committed and would shove any river card