[NL20-NL50] Nl20 Sh TT BB

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Hello. I didn't knew much about this guy at the time we played a hand and still have only 75 hands about him. But he is not a lag or fish for sure. TAG or nitty TAG. By now he's VPIP 15 PFR 11 but at the time we were playing didn't knew he steals a lot. The thing is at that moment I thought I am way ahead /behind so tried to play for pot control because I thought he is not capable of firing 3 barrels anyway. But he did and I didn't knew should I call or fold so folded. Just thought all I beat is bluff and river bet looks like value bet. Would you call? How would you play? Thanks!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (4 handed)
      Button ($20.74)
      SB ($20.10)
      Hero (BB) ($20)
      UTG ($21.59)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 10
      1 fold, Button bets $0.70, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) 5, 6, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $1.12, Hero calls $1.12

Turn: ($3.74) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80

River: ($9.34) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $5, Hero folds

Total pot: $9.34
  • 3 replies
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I didn't understand if you said you knew that he steals a lot or that he doesn't steal a lot.
      Anyways, calling preflop is fine, even if he does it often and is weak there. On the flop I'd donk or check/raise, because there are so many cards I don't want to see on the turn.
      One of those cards comes and you don't know where you stand. Calling there is kinda marginal, imo, but doable I guess...
      Folding the river is the best option, I think.

On the other hand, if he's a thinking player he's often barreling the turn, cause it's a good card to do it, so you can call, hoping he doesn't fire on the river, or raise/fold.

I think his range is like broadways with a Q (KQ, QJ, AQ), 44, 88, 99, plus the stuff that beats you - flopped sets, straights and better ovepairs. I doubt he's bluffing there.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YUKNOW
      I didn't understand if you said you knew that he steals a lot or that he doesn't steal a lot.
      Anyways, calling preflop is fine, even if he does it often and is weak there. On the flop I'd donk or check/raise, because there are so many cards I don't want to see on the turn.
      One of those cards comes and you don't know where you stand. Calling there is kinda marginal, imo, but doable I guess...
      Folding the river is the best option, I think.

On the other hand, if he's a thinking player he's often barreling the turn, cause it's a good card to do it, so you can call, hoping he doesn't fire on the river, or raise/fold.

I think his range is like broadways with a Q (KQ, QJ, AQ), 44, 88, 99, plus the stuff that beats you - flopped sets, straights and better ovepairs. I doubt he's bluffing there.
      Sorry for confusing I just wanted to say that he had nitty image when I played this hand but after some time noticed that he steals over 50% on the BTN. I have been very upset - minded this morning topic is not correct tho... Thanks for your opinion my thoughts were similiar:)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      4-handed and against bu steal I´d 3-bet TT for value even against nits, since even nits would open smt like AJs or 99 that TT is ahead and better to take initiative if you don´t going to play very aggressively postflop
      I´d likely call him down if you take c/c line
      but aways you have option to take initiative and bet flop and turn for value and then c/c or c/f river depending what hands he would bet there for value