This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl20 Sh TT BB

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      Hello. I didn't knew much about this guy at the time we played a hand and still have only 75 hands about him. But he is not a lag or fish for sure. TAG or nitty TAG. By now he's VPIP 15 PFR 11 but at the time we were playing didn't knew he steals a lot. The thing is at that moment I thought I am way ahead /behind so tried to play for pot control because I thought he is not capable of firing 3 barrels anyway. But he did and I didn't knew should I call or fold so folded. Just thought all I beat is bluff and river bet looks like value bet. Would you call? How would you play? Thanks!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (4 handed)
      Button ($20.74)
      SB ($20.10)
      Hero (BB) ($20)
      UTG ($21.59)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 10
      1 fold, Button bets $0.70, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) 5, 6, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $1.12, Hero calls $1.12

Turn: ($3.74) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80

River: ($9.34) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $5, Hero folds

Total pot: $9.34
  • 3 replies
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I didn't understand if you said you knew that he steals a lot or that he doesn't steal a lot.
      Anyways, calling preflop is fine, even if he does it often and is weak there. On the flop I'd donk or check/raise, because there are so many cards I don't want to see on the turn.
      One of those cards comes and you don't know where you stand. Calling there is kinda marginal, imo, but doable I guess...
      Folding the river is the best option, I think.

On the other hand, if he's a thinking player he's often barreling the turn, cause it's a good card to do it, so you can call, hoping he doesn't fire on the river, or raise/fold.

I think his range is like broadways with a Q (KQ, QJ, AQ), 44, 88, 99, plus the stuff that beats you - flopped sets, straights and better ovepairs. I doubt he's bluffing there.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      Originally posted by YUKNOW
      I didn't understand if you said you knew that he steals a lot or that he doesn't steal a lot.
      Anyways, calling preflop is fine, even if he does it often and is weak there. On the flop I'd donk or check/raise, because there are so many cards I don't want to see on the turn.
      One of those cards comes and you don't know where you stand. Calling there is kinda marginal, imo, but doable I guess...
      Folding the river is the best option, I think.

On the other hand, if he's a thinking player he's often barreling the turn, cause it's a good card to do it, so you can call, hoping he doesn't fire on the river, or raise/fold.

I think his range is like broadways with a Q (KQ, QJ, AQ), 44, 88, 99, plus the stuff that beats you - flopped sets, straights and better ovepairs. I doubt he's bluffing there.
      Sorry for confusing I just wanted to say that he had nitty image when I played this hand but after some time noticed that he steals over 50% on the BTN. I have been very upset - minded this morning topic is not correct tho... Thanks for your opinion my thoughts were similiar:)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      4-handed and against bu steal I´d 3-bet TT for value even against nits, since even nits would open smt like AJs or 99 that TT is ahead and better to take initiative if you don´t going to play very aggressively postflop
      I´d likely call him down if you take c/c line
      but aways you have option to take initiative and bet flop and turn for value and then c/c or c/f river depending what hands he would bet there for value