[NL20-NL50] nl50 SH - Rush - Q9s - bet, check, call line as PFR in position - eg2

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($51.25)
      BB ($51)
      UTG ($20)
      UTG+1 ($71.55)
      Hero ($62.90)
      BTN ($141)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: 9:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, SB calls $1.50, fold

FLOP ($4) 7:spade: T:heart: 7:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.75, SB calls $2.75

TURN ($9.50) 7:spade: T:heart: 7:diamond: Q:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($9.50) 7:spade: T:heart: 7:diamond: Q:spade: 5:heart:

SB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

villain is a regular 19/13/3 wts 36, 365 hands

I am not sure about continuation bet on this flop - I doubt villain is folding better very often.

Turn is quite interesting in my opinion.

on the one hand we have an obvious value bet spot. On the other hand it's hard to imagine the average reg calling with the worse hand in this spot. Again my preference to pot control, get to showdown and perhaps induce something from villain.

The plan with this line is to get to showdown and call bet on the River depending on size. When we check behind on the turn we are signalling to the average villain that we have a weak hand and we invite him to bluff at the pot.

Some proportion of the time, when we call on the River we are behind. however, as long as we don't call a bigger bet than we would have made on the turn (in general), this line is not worse than bet/folding the turn.

when we check behind the turn, we also enable villain to make his draws some time and we have to offset this disadvantage with the fact that when we bet/fold the turn we never allow villain the opportunity to bluff at the pot.

Thoughts about this line in general and in this hand in particular?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Rush I think checking back is better especially against 19/13.
      He isn´t really calling you down with 3 streets smt like AT and very often people would fold to turn barrels so going to pot control and getting your value on the river is fine