[NL20-NL50] nl50 SH - Rush - QQ - bet, check, call line as PFR in position - eg3

• Tim64
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($77.25)
      BB ($58.95)
      UTG ($62.30)
      Hero ($59.85)
      CO ($63.05)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, fold, SB calls $1.50, fold

FLOP ($4) T:heart: 7:diamond: 8:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB calls $2.50

TURN ($9) T:heart: 7:diamond: 8:spade: 6:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($9) T:heart: 7:diamond: 8:spade: 6:heart: 3:diamond:

SB bets $9, Hero calls $9

villain unknown: 31/0/1, 17 hands

flop continuation bet looks good for value and protection. In my opinion turn is classic way ahead way behind situation and we should check behind since it is pretty hard to get called by a worse hand on this board. If we bet, we would have to bet/fold almost certainly.

The plan with this line is to get to showdown and call bet on the River depending on size. When we check behind on the turn we are signalling to the average villain that we have a weak hand and we invite him to bluff at the pot.

on balance I think we could fold when villain pots the River. The reason I called was because, by checking the turn, we have underrepresented our hand and so potentially hands such as Tx and JJ (if they are in villain's range) may think they have a value bet here.

This is actually one of the disadvantages of this line.

Thoughts about this line in general and in this hand in particular?

• 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Generally checking back turn, calling river is fine
      Just fish doesn´t really realize most of the times that you don´t have there anything very strong and tries to bluff you out. he is rather betting pot there with straight for value, why I rather like to fold than make hero call.
      Also he isn´t really betting pot with Tx or one pair hands, but rather lead out small or c/c your river bet