Anyone play the $20 regular speed SNGs?

• MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      I've been playing the $10 SNGs, they're pretty easy, they plan a lot like the $5 only with more regulars.

I'm now rolled for giving the $20 SNGs a shot, I have more than 30 buy ins for them and will drop down if things don't go my way.

So some questions...

1) How do they compare to the $10 SNGs? Are there still plenty of fish in them? What is the Shark:Fish ratio like compared to the 10s?

2) Do you think I should give them a shot? I feel I'm probably skilled enough to beat them.
  • 13 replies
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      2) Do you think I should give them a shot? I feel I'm probably skilled enough to beat them.

then beat them
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Only 30BI for S&GS? Count down till busto 3-2-1-....
    • MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      then beat them
      Nice answer! Short, fast and straight to the point.

Ok then I will.
    • MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Only 30BI for S&GS? Count down till busto 3-2-1-....
      Hey I said I'd drop down if I run bad, so going busto is not possible using correct BR management, I never said I'm gonna move up and play til I go bust.

I've heard many people say 30BI is enough, these are not turbos they are regular 9man SNGs so BR requirements aren't as strict.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Problem is that some people are happy to move up, but not down. If you're happy to move down, you can use aggressive bankroll management. It's called Kelly betting.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      Problem is that some people are happy to move up, but not down. If you're happy to move down, you can use aggressive bankroll management. It's called Kelly betting.
      some people would call it gambling, but look if he thinks he could beat he should give it a go, bank roll management is not always the key importance in poker as much as people go on about it here, do you think tom dwan stuck to bank roll management when he was down to 15 $ or when he lost 5 mil to isildur, you either have poker in you or you dont, if your a good playyer you will win, if your a bad player (regarless of BRM) you will lose
    • MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      Poker is always gambling, whether you're a loser or a winner, regardless of what BR management techniques you use.

It's gambling by defenition.

Thanks for that Kelly Criterion link, interesting read :D
    • jnkFDH
      jnkFDH
      Bronze
      some people would call it gambling, but look if he thinks he could beat he should give it a go, bank roll management is not always the key importance in poker as much as people go on about it here, do you think tom dwan stuck to bank roll management when he was down to 15 $ or when he lost 5 mil to isildur, you either have poker in you or you dont, if your a good playyer you will win, if your a bad player (regarless of BRM) you will lose

Um, what?
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      what what?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      haha very good mate ha
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      yes love the ROFL copter

:D
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      If your ROI is negative, you will lose money however you manage your BR. If you ROI is positive, you can still go bust due to variance, but you can use a rational BRM strategy to minimise your chance of busting whilst maximising your chance of moving up. I think this expands on what I wrote originally, and agrees with you, but makes things more precise. And if you think, as I do, that gambling = optimizing your return from a random process, we definitely agree.