This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL200SH AKs preflop

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here) 
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $187.88
      BB:
      $333.75
      BU:
      $184

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $7.00, BU folds, SB raises to $29.00, BB folds, Hero raises to $200.00 (All-In), SB raises to $187.88 (All-In).

Flop: ($389.88) J:spade: , 6:heart: , T:spade:
      Turn: ($389.88) 4:diamond:
      River: ($389.88) 6:diamond:

Final Pot: $389.88

He makes a rather large raise , it was one of my first hands on the table and he is a known fish. He has a high PFR , but i dont recall him reraising preflop too much. I also raised from CO and not BU. Whats the best option here?
  • 5 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      I would just call with AK here against unknown. His huge raise indicates that he will not give it away preflop and most of the time u heve a coinflip or u r dominated.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      With your read of his PF re-raising tendencies I'd assume that he is not likely to be re-raising with too much stuff that you have dominated. I'd therefore call with the intention of outplaying him on the flop.
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      Ok, I read unknown and u wrote known, nevertheless I would just call it.
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      You should obviously vary your play here. Dont shove AKs here and always trap with AA/KK. Yet, usually I'd like to get AI preflop with AK but since you have position a call seems fine as well.

Since his 3-bet is rather big, a shove seems fine as well as 4bet/call. Normally, I'd rather play 4bet/call because it allows you to 4bet/fold, meaning to 4bet bluff, as well.