This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Sng Roi

• croboss
      croboss
      Bronze
      Hello!

First if it is posible i would like sng player to help me with this.

6 max 6.60 regular sng-s on stars, what ROI is realistic and i should expect, if i

am solid player, not great but not bad. I dont do fishy mistakes but i do some

others.

I started to play with table ninja ( WOW), for now 5 tables at the time and my

daily goal is 30. I would be happy with 1$ per one, that is around 15%. Is that

possible to do? And variance..... are downswings big or small?

TY
  • 4 replies
    • Duncan737
      Duncan737
      Gold
      I think you are greedy :f_p: .
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      It will really depends of a lot of things and with the variance it can be a really long time before you can see a reliable ROI. The best way is to start playing the best way you can. Analyse your game and try to improve it all the time. I you play well money will come eventually.

...As long as others don't play better :f_biggrin:

Best of luck at the tables
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      I think you have to heavily consider rakeback in your equation - you will pay .6 for each SnG, which is 10%.

So, unless you plan to do a huge volume, towards Nova or something you will get 10$ per 750 VPP points on Bronze level. That is around 10% rakeback. Silver star is more, but then again, not that great compared to the flat rate you get from PokerStrategy on FullTilt and other sites.

Whether 15% ROI on 6.6 SH is realistic... there are 2 ITM places, 60 & 40%, so you are aiming at ITM once every 6-7 games (my math seems wrong :f_confused: ). If you are good, it shouldn't be a problem, as you put yourself at equal winning expectation towards all players at a random board. Obviously HU skills will play a huge role.

So, unless you really feel that you can dominate this level SnGs, I would suggest you to spend a month or so grinding your PStars status to Gold or Platinum level with SH NL10/20 and then start on SnGs to get double rakeback.

Maybe someone who has experience from this level can tell you more :) .

P.S. and checkout the stickies about VPP/rake

Quote:
      estimated rakeback percentages for each VIP level:
      - Bronze - 9%
      - Silver - 14%
      - Gold - 18%
      - Platinum - 23%
      - Supernova - 37% - 50%
      - Supernova Elite - more than 60%

P.S. Math was wrong... say you play 100 SnGs @ 6.5 = 650, ignoring rakeback, which Im too drunk to calculate, you need 747,5 in winnings to get 15% ROI, which amounts to 7.5 each game. So, you need to get ITM every 2-3 games.
    • croboss
      croboss
      Bronze
      TY all for responses....

I played 6max 2 day and realise that 6max 12-18 players is different than 1 table 6 max so after two days i stop. Than i moved to 5.50$ 9 players and must say for now that was good choice. Someone say that ROI on that game can b up to 15%, but i expect 9-10%, and try to play 32+ sngs pro day. 32 becouse if i made 50 cents per one that is 16$ per day and litle from bonus or rakeback that would be 20$/day, 600$ month. Other reason is that with that i can move from silver to gold this month.

That is my short term plan. And yes, expect 9% ROI but geting more, lets say 14% is good i think becouse variance and downswings. When they hit me if i am still over 9% or 20$ pro day..... im gona tilt less. This have no mathematical sense but psihologycal. I tilt easy so i must trick myself whit that tricks.

And yes dubadal i know everything about rackeback, and % on stars, that is my long term goal to achive platinum and with that supernova if i manage to be platinum for the whole year. I think this is posible with 10+1$ sng but i must play 10 more pro day. I calculated bonuses on supernova and they are worth of playing poker 6-7 hours a day.

I'll see. This is all just theory for now, i think i dont fantasise whit this plan it very realistic imo. My BR is over 1000$ in the moment so i can play 5.50 sngs relaxed and when i feal that i beat 5.50 i will move up on 10+1 and start to playing to achive supernova status and afcors make a lots of money in the proces.

Sry for not so great english, and ty.