This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL200SH JJ and the tight 3better

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here) 
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $171.35
      CO:
      $105.80
      BU:
      $277.25
      SB:
      $247.53

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:diamond: , J:spade:
      Hero raises to $7.00, CO folds, BU raises to $24.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $17.00.

Flop: ($51.00) 9:heart: , 6:spade: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $36, Hero calls $36.00.

Turn: ($123.00) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $120, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $243.00

Fold preflop ? And since i did not fold , whats the best line after the flop
  • 3 replies
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      Fold preflop if hes tight, why do u call the flop if u fold a blanc turn. And whats his 3bet range? U guys got history?
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      Originally posted by Laurenz1988
      Fold preflop if hes tight, why do u call the flop if u fold a blanc turn. And whats his 3bet range? U guys got history?

thats because he is then most likely to have AA, KK, QQ and not AK since he would probably check behind AK.

Anyways, I dont like this play.

Either you assume that you are in a pretty good shape against his reraising range and plan to raise AI a flop with an overpair or you dont think that you are well off against his range, meaning you should fold preflop. you cant call preflop and hope to hit a set... which means that you cant check/fold if you have an overpair.

I dont know how aggro the game at NL200 is but on my limits I am AI on the flop even against a 20/9 player.

check/call flop, check/fold turn is a very weak play. you will be bluffed out either on the turn or on the river very often and even if not your opponents often has 6 outs and two streets to hit them. you wouldnt play a strong hand like that on such a board.
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      at what limits more exactly sleyde