How to play pocket pairs on short-handed?

• Tosh5457
      Hi, I'm not sure about how to play PPs when you're on UTG, MP or CO and there are limpers or everyone has folded to you. I've seen many videos saying you have to raise every PP (including 22, 33, 44) from any position when you're first-in. I find this very bad because many times you'll get a call from a bad player that doesn't fold easily to cbet. And other times there are other problems, as bad players usually don't have full stacks so the implied odds for a set aren't so good.
      I don't see a problem if the bad players are on the blinds, if they call I'll have position, but when they aren't, playing a small PP oop against a bad player isn't so nice.

My other question is when a bad player has limped and I have position over him. In this spot if I raise he might fold preflop, and if he calls I can take it down sometimes. If he calls cbet I can CBH turn and so I see the 5 cards, which isn't bad. But what if he only has 30 - 50bbs? My implied odds are 1/3 - 1/2 comparing to a fullstack. And what if there are more than 1 limper? My FE is not good anymore and maybe I could get more value if I just call 22 - 66?
  • 3 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      Play tighter if your playing playing calling tards.

For low limit 6-max i recomend open raising these pairs from X posistion:

UTG = 99+ (poss 88+)
      UTG+1= 77+
      CO & BU = 22+
    • JonikoP
      Playing 6-max, my default would be to open all PP in every position assuming full stacks. Against multiple short stacks, I'd probably play tighter UTG and in MP. I'd also adapt if I'm getting 3-bet regularly and tighten up my range.

HU you can c-bet most boards and often take down the pot. If your c-bets are getting called a lot, think about the type of boards you are c-betting and turn cards that you can double barrel.

Assuming that the limper has a reasonable stack (65BB's+) you can isolate them with your whole open range. Obviously you should tighten up against short stacks.
    • SiXAT
      if there are bad players behind you that often cold call, limping could be an option, folding can be an option too, imo it can be fine raise even 22 or K7s utg SH if you have nitty image for example and on a tight table then you will often get the blinds and if not your postflop fold equity is high, always think about all the factors then decide what option is best.