This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Tt

• Smashie
      Smashie
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $3,32
      Hero:
      $4,11

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:heart: , T:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0,10, Hero calls $0,10, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,23) J:heart: , 9:diamond: , 6:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,23, Hero calls $0,23.

Turn: ($0,69) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,69, Hero calls $0,69.

River: ($2,07) 8:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,2, Hero calls $0,20.

Final Pot: $2,47

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows two-pair, kings and eights (Kd Kc)
      Hero shows (Th Ts)

MP2 wins with two-pair, kings and eights (Kd Kc)

Since we are so deep i called to setmine, but i should have folded the flop right?
  • 2 replies
    • jab704
      jab704
      Bronze
      No results please!

I think he potting the flop is odd. What is his cbet%? Floating is fine, but given his 4% pfr I would fold the turn even with the spiked oesd.

On the flop it is neary a coinflip with your TT against his 4% pfr assuming he cbets 100%. On the turn I would say he c/f something like AQo, AKo and secondbarrels with 99+, AdKd, AdQd with your equity going way down.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop is obviously fine.

Flop is fine as well, tho given how tight villain is it might not be a bad idea to just dump it right there either. With position and a few backdoors tho, I'm likely calling more often than not.

On the turn it's very likely we're never ahead, so it's a purely mathematical problem. We're getting 2:1 immediate odds with about 3:1 left in effective stacks, and we have a fudged 8-9 outs against villain's range since sometimes he'll have JJ (no good T outs) and QQ (2 less Q outs). Since I think it's pretty much out of the question villain is going to check/fold the river even if it's ugly, I'd probably still make the call getting those odds, but it's close.

Hope it helps.