This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Rush - A8o vs BU minsteal

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $12.39
      BU:
      $10.02
      SB (Hero):
      $23.35
      BB:
      $12.25
      MP2:
      $15.90
      MP3:
      $20.17

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, A.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, BU calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.1) 2, 4, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BU calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.5) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90.

River: ($4.3) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.3.

Villain - no history basically, only 4 hands 33/33/50% steal

I guess I should make it bigger, but mostly it's just donks hoping that the blinds have c/f button checked and quickfolded so no need to make it big imo.

Flop standard cbet, on the turn I chose to c/c since he might fold to my 2nd barrel coz he can't have a lot there and possibly sees as me not having much there either and go for a float.

River I just donk relatively smallish to control the river action bet sizing and perhaps even get some nonbelieving low PP to call who thinks that I think that the K is an awful good bluffing card on the river there since I couldn't represent much earlier in the hand.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d still make it at least 0.6$, since I think you don´t want to play oop A8 very big pot.
      Flop and turn are fine I might c/c river to let him bluff again with air. Don´t think he would fold there better hands if you bet out that small and hard him to see calling worse