VytenisN blog- Climbing Up (threadsavers inside)

• 23 replies
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Nothing special today, i continue to run good, which u need playing fish. And then u valuetown them. Oh, run good except lost 100BB KK vs 99 and fish insta run, but thats ok. Up few buyins or so. And marked one hand vs passive fish (60/10/ fold to Cbet : 56):

[Full Tilt - $1 NL (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

Hero (BB): $117.30
      SB: $62.30

SB posts SB $0.50, Hero posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero has As Qs

SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $4.00, SB calls $3.00

Flop: ($8.00, 2 players) 3s Tc 8s
      Hero bets $5.00, SB calls $5.00

Turn: ($18.00, 2 players) 6c
      Hero bets $8.00, SB calls $8.00

River: ($34.00, 2 players) 4c
      Hero checks, SB bets $5.00, Hero ?

Do not know if i need to bet turn. Just chose small bet as his calling range do not changes according to my sizing.
      Previously he took open-limp - peel - Ch down line with KQ on low board. I do not know if he bets turn with most all his draw or one pair type hands if check.
      IMO i am beat 99 percent of the time on river, so it is -EV to call, but is it valid to call for infomation ? Sounds like fishy excuse to call, but it is so cheap.

Btw my setup: Dell Inspiron 1545, which i bought from poker moniezz about year ago and 23' LG, which i got from FTP points.
      And my pool cue from FTP store arrived this weekend. Looking forward to try it out.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VytenisN
      If someone, playing HU, would like to chat about poker or play some sweat sessions, i would like to do that.
      Skype duok. :f_biggrin:
    • cubinis
      cubinis
      Bronze
      Sekmes Vyteni ;)
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Blog-name suggestion: Russian on the rise (THREAD-SAVERS INSIDE)
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Silver
      Originally posted by THESHade
      Blog-name suggestion: Lithuanian on the rise (THREAD-SAVERS INSIDE)
      FYP
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Ooops :D I got fooled somehow :D Sry man
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by THESHade
      Blog-name suggestion: Russian on the rise (THREAD-SAVERS INSIDE)
      Sick burn
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Well, it is always nice to see Lithuanian blog here, I hope it'll be the good one ;)
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Haha, i am not Russian. Strange u got confused. Thanks for wishing luck. Good nickname, utenosmelynas, but i do not know how to make a good blog. Lots of thread-savers ? :D
      I was a bit busy this week, so didnt put much volume. Ran pretty good, played good, but still finished below EV. However i still dont believe that EV graph helps players. If u are above, u are afraid of beats, that will happen. If u are below, u whine that u are unlucky. And it even isn't calculated in the right way. It should be calculated by every stree, not just by all-in situations. So EV graph is a pure waste of time.
      Half of week's hands were played today. Spotted few small mistakes, but overall i think i played good most of the time. Right now, got few bad beats in a row, so closed all my tables and decided to write a post here.
      Started to multitable more, especially against fish. Now i am playing up to 4 tables. Maybe I give up a bit more in small pots, but my hourly should be better.
      Watched 4 vids this week. Jungleman's and latest MasterLJ's from CR and few from Prinnyraiding S2. I thought jungleman would be something fantastic, but nothing special in that video. Of course he plays good, but i think he does not mention some things that he has in mind. Maybe i am wrong and just my expectations were to high. Right now I want to finish watching prinnyraiding S2 and to watch all "Dog is heads up " series.
      So this week i won almost 13 BI and it is 1461 dollars. Hope put much more volume next one. Here is the graph:

Oh, and almost forgot threadsaver:
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      , but i do not know how to make a good blog. Lots of thread-savers ? :D
      Yes, please :D

about Jugnlemans vids.
      I havent watched any of his vids but I would never tell eveyrhting what is on my mind ... at least not in a vid
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      Panasu jog kisenpinigiu netruksta :) Sekmes
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      There is just 1 vid made by jungleman. It's in cardrunners. I wonder how much he got for it.
      Originally posted by zilltine
      Panasu jog kisenpinigiu netruksta :) Sekmes
      Na kol kas ne. Aciu.

Lost few stacks after weekly update. 5 BI to one guy. Didnt play my A game vs him, especially in the 2nd part of match. Probably should have quit earlier. Too tired to review hands vs him now. Will do that tomorrow.
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      there is another old 4part video with jungleman on cr =) pretty awesome content wise.
      nice blog, will follow.
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Thank you, now i found that series. Started to watch first video, but those aaaaaaaamm is just killing me. Stopped after 18 min, so hard to think about poker when u hear aahhhm every 3 sec.
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Shot to NL200 went bad.

• randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      Thank you, now i found that series. Started to watch first video, but those aaaaaaaamm is just killing me. Stopped after 18 min, so hard to think about poker when u hear aahhhm every 3 sec.
      yeah but the content is definitely worth it. it also gets a bit more bearable on the 2nd part.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      bluefirepoker HU content > all imo.
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      :D thanks :D thread savers works well ofc. :D also put in some real life stuff, some poker related stuff, strategy talk or smth like that, try to be creative. you play HU so you should know how to be :D ofc u can put some goals here becouse it is interesting to follow when someone achieve something and ect. so there is just my suggestions about blog development. :f_cool:
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Hey everybody, time for weekly update. I put a lot of volume like i wished. This week was pretty bad. It is so easy to play when u run like god. You feel like you are born with reading skills. And everything changes when variance hits. This week i continuously run into top of opponent's range. And now i wonder, maybe in some spots my described "top of the range" is his whole range.
      And for course lots of tilt. Stupid calls, dumb bluffs and etc. And whining doesn't make me feel better. Confidence is one of the most important things in HU. And now i now that mentally i am not ready yet. Seems that everything is easy when i see separate hands while reviewing hands or watching videos, but in the heat of battle everything goes wrong. oh, maybe not everything, but ...
      Few times this week i get lost vs 40BB fish. Down for 300BB in few cases, which is a lot. In theory it looks very simple- open less, value bet more. But when i run cold, and every time when i value bet 2nd pair and they have better, i start to wonder maybe it isn't just running cold. And their bluffing spots are so dumb. I made few calls on river with A high or K high vs very weak range and fish show 4th pair or sth like that. He didn't even understand why he is betting, but i got leveled. I just feel so bad after those situations.
      And i stopped multitabling. Lost decent amount of money because of that. 2 tables max again. Good that i at least realized that.
      Till now, all update was very pessimistic. I think, Thursday won 2/2 tickets to 215e satellite for UKIPT Galway package. Out in 6th, when 3 packages are awarded. Lost flip and KKvsAA BvB in few orbits. Standard, didn't even feel bad. Yesterday i joinde 82e 'seat only' sat for the same tourney. And then this (look at chip count):

Just dominated this tourney. Had 140k chips when 7 or 8 players remained, while there were total of 405k chips in tourney. So i'l crush ireland's poker players in few weeks. :) Have to take some money from BR to cover my expenses. It would be my 3rd live tournament. First was 50 pound BI in Nottingham, 2nd was EPT Villamoura. There is Lithuanian saying which translates - Third time don't lie. :D So this time hope to take down the tournament :D
      My physical condition is bad right now, because slept 5 hours on sunday ( woke up early to play basketball) and 3 hours today ( early lecture). So probably no poker for today. Here is this weeks Hu achievments :

Next week won't try any NL200, although there are fishes waiting for me :D Just feel the need to regain confidence.
      So thats everything for now. How do you think my week was ?