PS screwed me!

• wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      About two weeks ago, I learned that there is going to be a 5k$ freeroll on Titan. I was thrilled, because PS frerolls on Titan are as rare as Chuck Norris' tears! For some reason, you couldn't participate without a deposit, so I deposited 25€ at 2010-10-21 14:34:16. When the deposit period was over, I checked the tournament to see if I was registered(we were supposed to be registered automatically). I was, and I was also thrilled when I saw that there are only 150 registered players! That would equate to about 30$ buy-in, which is sweet by my standards. The tournament took place on 31. october at 20:00 in my country. Because it was halloween, most bars were open, although it was Sunday and a bunch of my friends went out, but decided I wouldn't join them, as this could be a big pay day for me. I was a bit disappointed when I opened my Titan client and saw that now there are 300 registered players, but that was still pretty cool. I was watching EPT Vienna final table live, getting in the tournament mood and getting ready to battle it out for 5k. When the tournament already started, my table didn't open. I thought this was a bit odd, so I wanted to check which table I was seated at, so I could open it manually, but found out that I wasn't on the list! I quickly opened online support, thinking that there was some minor problem and that they will be able to register me. After 10 mins of talking, the lady told me that I should quickly contact PS, because they are the organizers of this tournament. I FLIPPED!! I almost threw my computer in the wall, because I knew that there is NO WAY that they will be able to respond in time. Nevertheless, I contacted PS customer support and wrote in the forum. I was thinking about playing another tournament, but I was so annoyed by this that I would probably lose, and I didn't want to go out either, because I just felt like punching someone, so I went to bed. The answer from customer support arrived at 10am today(after 14 hours) and they said:
      Thank you for your message.

I am sorry that you could not be part of the 5K Freeroll on Titan Poker.
      However, have you followed all the requirements needed and did you deposit between the 20th and 27th of October?( Yes, I have.)

On the hand I am sure that very soon another freeroll will be organized on Titan Poker, hence keep checking our website in the news section.
      (translation: Ummm yeah, shit happens, better luck next time)
      Thanks for your cooperation and understanding

And after some more messages they are still acting like nothing happened! I know some of you might say: "LOL, look at that fish bitching about a freeroll!" But I've had some pretty big wins lately and I was really looking forward to this tourney and had a good feeling about it, but now I guess we'll never know, right? It's been almost 24 hours, since this happened and I can't believe how much I am still annoyed by it, especially the "nothing we can do" attitude. Please, tell me what you think about this.
  • 20 replies
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      the title of this thread is a bit over the top mate, at the end of the day, without justifications what did you expect ps to do, Make another free roll? you were right SHIT happens, but life go's on
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      That's a big wall of text out there
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      Originally posted by pogodon
      the title of this thread is a bit over the top mate, at the end of the day, without justifications what did you expect ps to do, Make another free roll? you were right SHIT happens, but life go's on
      I agree, it is over the top, but that is just the way I feel right now. I didn't expect another freroll just for me(although that would be sweet :) ), I did, however, expect PS to admit their mistake, apologize and give me a ticket to an event of similar magnitude. But I guess that is too much, right? :f_frown:
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      I think you should take this up with titan poker. Take some screenshots of your deposit, in your poker client and your payment processor page to prove that you have deposited.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      if you are after 24h still very annoyed with this matter, then you don't have what it takes to play poker imo :rolleyes:

Sorry. I can understand your disappointment but shit like this happens all the time, and yes you can try to get them to compensate you but seriously, why waste all this time and energy being upset over it? There will be many more freerolls, promotions, rakeraces and stuff to come. (especially around xmas they have many promotions running).

Shit happens, it's poker. Move on or fail :)
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      he's rambling about a freeroll guys.

just nod and smile
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      poker carrer dont depends on one tournament so dont worry..im sure you will play planty of them in future :f_grin:
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      elhh82, I contacted Titan customer support right after I realized I wasn't on the list. The operator told me that I should quickly contact PS, because they are the organizers of the tournament, so now I'm taking it up with them.

As for others with the "LOL, fish owned on a freeroll" attitude, let me explain why I'm so pissed about in an easy to understand manner:

1) 300 players on a 5k$ tournament
      I'm sorry, but that is insane value for a freeroll. If this was an ordinary freeroll, like the one on FTP the same day(probably about 5000 players), I wouldn't bitch at all. And because of the aggresive prize structure Titan has, and the inexperienced players that freerolls attract, it had the potential to turn into a big payday for me.

2)PS response
      The first response I got from PS was a polite way of saying "it happens, better luck next time" which pissed me off even more, as I expected something more.

3) I checked the day before
      We were supposed to be registered automatically, so I checked the day before just to be sure. There were 150 players on the list, me being one of them. However, when I wanted t play, there were 300 players, so the list must have been updated, with me left out. Silly mistake, I know, but that still doesn't help me.

4)There will be many more freerolls, promotions, rakeraces and stuff to come.
      Emmm, no? It seems that there aren't many PS players on Titan, so we don't get many promotions in comparison to other rooms. That's why it's so important to take part in them, when they do occur. And why should I care about future promotions, I really wanted to be a part of this one!

5)Cancelled all my plans
      The tourney was held on Halloween, when most of the bars were open, although it was Sunday. A bunch of my friends went out, but I stayed at home. This kind of thing has never happened to me before and caught me completely by surprise. When I found out that there is nothing that I can do, I was so annoyed with everything that I didn't know what to do with myself. It would have been better if i had sucked out in the worst possible manner in the first hand or even on the bubble!

6)Deposit required
      No biggie, but still a bit annoying. On the other hand, probably the reason for the small field of players.

Summary: After a looong time, a PS freeroll came to Titan. I was really looking forward to it, especially when I learned how much value I'm getting for it(at first it seemed like a 33$ buy-in, but in the end was 16$(without rake) which is still very good). After fulfilling all the neccessary requirements an taking some precautions I still couldn't participate because of some stupid mistake, which was not my fault. After reporting to PS and receiving a dissatisfactory answer, I started rambling on the forum.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      You just needed to tell somebody and to let some of the steam inside you go off, thats fine.. we are human =) ..

Just dont expect anyone to start cheering here for you =) .. Someone probably made mistake.. That happens.. Not sure if you can do anything =) ..

And the title is trully a bit too dramatic.. =)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      i think titan poker is in the wrong here for sure. its obvious you were meant to be playing the tournament. the fact of the matter is, titan poker manage the poker room itself, and that is where the problem lies..
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      I didn't bother to read your last post, because francly, been there done that.

I do understand your disappointments as I said, and canceling plans etc and avioding to do one thing to play poker is something we've all done... and regretted it.

You still don't get my point though: you are wasting time and energy being upset about it and there's little you can do to change it. You have to learn to deal with things (because trust me, you will encounter worse things then these) and it's just gonna kill you if you let it.

Harsch but true.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      You just needed to tell somebody and to let some of the steam inside you go off, thats fine.. we are human =) ..

Just dont expect anyone to start cheering here for you =) .. Someone probably made mistake.. That happens.. Not sure if you can do anything =) ..

And the title is trully a bit too dramatic.. =)

this sums it up
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Hey wizo656,

I am really sorry for your trouble. Obviously something went wrong there.

Without having checked the issue with the colleagues from customer service yet, something strikes me as a bit odd. You said you were already registered for the freeroll and later you wasn't anymore. When you are on the list you are on the list, if you know what I mean.
      That gives me and my colleagues a good start to further investigate and isolate the problem, so we hopefully can prevent this from happening in the future.

We will look into this, please give it some time, I'll check on this.
      Thanks.
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      I've just been told that our customer service is investigating the issue further and will get back to you as soon we have results.
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      Thank you. This is more like the answer that I was expecting from the beginning. Please, keep me posted.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey wizo,

you've received a reply to your ticket - please give us a shout if you're okay with our suggestion :)

Hadi
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      I, wizo656, do hereby solemnly claim that I am happy with your suggestion. :f_biggrin: I hope it turns out to be a better investment in the long run than participation in that freeroll.
    • armssteady
      armssteady
      Silver
      wizo, do tell what you got for this? :D `
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      Status upgrade to gold for one month.