Is this a good business idea, or are PKR losing the plot!

• philswindon
      philswindon
      Bronze
      PKR this weekend released to new bonus's for players, however certain players have been chosen to recieve different bonus's.

One bonus is a 100% reload bonus whilst the other is $10 free if you deposit more than $25 and earn the points to receive the $10.

It took PKR more than 3 days to respond to this on their own forum, customer support had no idea why there were different deposit codes available and once PKR did respond to this on the forum they then promptly closed the thread and said a new forum rule that bonus's were no longer allowed to be discussed taking away the players voice as well!

I personally signed up to PKR direct before I knew about rakeback or affiliates and therefore dont have any rake back deal and am not allowed it unless I rake over $500 a month. Being a fairly low stake MTT player this hasn't as yet happened.

I just wondered what other people on here thought of PKR in general, and whether this both the rules and regulations on Rakeback and this latest idea of offering different bonus's/any bonus to some and not others is a good viable option

Personally think that it would have a direct effect on player retention and seems like a rather stupid idea, but interesting to see what others think......

Also if looking at other poker sites where do people recommend for smallish stake MTT's with good value and you cna negotiate rake back on!
  • 8 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      when i asked them about rakeback they did not say generate $500 rake a month ( that is easy even at low stake I imagine) they say make a profit of $500 a month for 3 month.

well they lost a player there :D
    • dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      yeah epic fail on pkrs part ill reply later wth my opinion bit busy now anyway

hai phil!
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      I had a long discussion since I used to grind quite a bit on PKR when I start playing poker (well not really grind) rather losing money and paying them rake :D but PKR is full of fishes .

I won a few tourneys and about 2.5x my original deposit :D withdrew it all and deposited on fulltilt and got tracked with PS.

to be honest I cant be bothered to play there. they make their very hard to clear. It seem they are all about taking and not about giving :D .

I see a lot of people complaining about FT but I have only played on FT and PKR and i must say i am very happy with FT.

I took a 2 month break on FT and without the need of depositing or anything they offered me a $400 bonus.

happy days :) I love FT and rush. moreover after playing rush I dont think I could go back to the "slowness" of PKR :D
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      well I am currently playing the 120% deposit bonus and it is a grind... however, at other sites bonuses are a grind as well... it just depends how you manage it.. i usually calculate how many points a day i have to make so that i can finish it within the given time period... at least you can play SNGs ONLY on PKR to clear a bonus. Would be horrible if that were not the case because it's nearly impossible to grind at cash games at low stakes cuz of all the dumb fish. But PKR has those fish because theyre the only poker site I know of which makes it possible to create a bankroll just through freerolls... sure other sites have freerolls, but only MTTs and no sngs like PKR... so that will attract all these idiots who dont know poker and are just learning it... PKR wouldnt have this problem if they required a deposit to create a real money account like for example on partypoker... sure youll find fish anywhere, on any site, but yes low stakes PKR definately has the most.

On the other hand sometimes that can really be taken to your advantage, in sngs... weak players... it's hilarious when they fold with 2 BB left... so you just play aggressive all the time and theyll fold... you just have to learn to adapt to the players.. if you know theyre fish, you simply tighten up and take their stack with the nuts.

Regarding how PKR is handling the "not allowed to talk about bonuses on the forum" bothers me a little... the whole forum vibe is weird anyway and you really have to be careful what you say, I really prefer the forum here... the staff does a better job here, theyre more friendly and they will ALWAYS reply to any topic. At pkr its possible you ask something and never get a reply.

But all in all I enjoy playing at pkr despite everything, met a few great people there, love the SNGs and MTTs and thats why Ill stay.
    • markov7
      markov7
      Basic
      i mplaying on pkr for about 8 months and i m fed up with fishes there oen thing i found out at cash games is that trips or something like that dont have ne value cose fishes keep hiting back and guess what turn and river loves them.i m not that type of twat that say pkr is rigged i just dont believe that crap but winning hands are waaaaay too strange i feeel like i have to build a skyscraper with my bare hands to win somethin there-or is it just cose of the amount of fishes there.i never seen soemthin like that on partypoker in 3 years playin there
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      Originally posted by markov7
      i mplaying on pkr for about 8 months and i m fed up with fishes there oen thing i found out at cash games is that trips or something like that dont have ne value cose fishes keep hiting back and guess what turn and river loves them.i m not that type of twat that say pkr is rigged i just dont believe that crap but winning hands are waaaaay too strange i feeel like i have to build a skyscraper with my bare hands to win somethin there-or is it just cose of the amount of fishes there.i never seen soemthin like that on partypoker in 3 years playin there
      its cuz u can have a real money account on PKR from the start and getting a bankroll thru the freeroll sngs... thats why people play so bad there cuz they just started out... it is a big joke, especially micro cash game tables, its just bingo, a raise means nothing to them, Ill just get my bankroll up there and play MTTs and SNGs... the higher stakes starting at NL25 I heard are much better.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      yes really who wants to play against fishes?!!! they are so bad they win all the time :s_cool:
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      I started off on PKR bu felt cheated when I learnt about rakeback. I spoke to customer services about it but they said about the $500 a month scam. Seeing that I was mostly playing MTTs and SNGs It seemed a bit out of reach. I have dabbled in cash its something that I keep going back to but get bored of so I told them I would be grinding the NL 50 tables 4 at a time like I had been all that week but they said they would check up on my account after three months. I told them where to go but they even made it hard work to get my bankroll off there making me redeposit and deal with customer services. Im on full tilt now and theres so much more choice in the SNG menu its crazy. So glad I left :D