This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AK deep

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      iPoker - £0.50 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: £50.00
      Hero (BTN): £153.15
      SB: £50.00
      BB: £53.94
      UTG: £98.52 from UTG: VP:23/PR:23/4B:12%/CBet:67%

SB posts SB £0.25, BB posts BB £0.50

Pre Flop: (£0.75) Hero has K:club: A:spade:

UTG raises to £2.00, fold, Hero raises to £6.50, fold, fold, UTG raises to £14.00, Hero calls £7.50

Flop: (£28.75, 2 players) 9:diamond: T:spade: Q:club:
      UTG bets £15.00, Hero calls £15.00

Turn: (£58.75, 2 players) J:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: (£58.75, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      UTG bets £24.00, Hero raises to £124.15, fold

I called his 4B IP because we are deep.
      IP I have to call that board on the flop? I think it is very playable (even without the J on the turn).
  • 3 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Bronze
      Where did you see playable flop ?:D :D :D
      Only way to call his flop bet is to float him eitherway raise or fold.You got 4 outs for the nuts but he won't play if he has QQ/JJ/TT/99 you play only versus KK.Since you hold 1 K it's super unlikely he got KK so you come up versus sets and AA.Same goes for AA so sets or 2 pairs+ are much more in his range.He might have JJ there which also reduces your overall equity and clean outs.

Let's say what do you do if turn is A and he barrels?You are ahead ?Of what ?AQ/AT/TT/99/QQ/AA?/AK.Simply you are behind all his range and you don't have clean outs except a J and it's super likely that he would give up his hand if a 4 card straight draws hit the turn/river.So furthermore you got no implied odds.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I have put some stats on him that I forgot in the first place.
      I don't expect him to 4B only with 99+.
      I expect him, once I call his 4B, to CBet 100% of the time with this board. By flop playable I meant that I should call at least once IP. He could have 55-88 here as well. Also 15 on 45 € pot is not a lot.
      But you might be right, the call might not be good here but again he is CBetting 100% after his 4B.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      pf is fine
      flop float is fine. A, K might also be good and with A5s or smt he would likely going to either check it down or c/f turn
      I would likely still bet turn. You likely don´t really get any more value out of his air or smt like 88 if he decided to 4-bet that hand, but he would very likely call 20$ bet with two pair, lower straight (9x, sometimes going to c/r with Kx ), so by betting you allow him to bluff or c/r for value worse hands and likely he would c/c at least once.
      Not really sure about your river shove. If you get called then likely it is boat, players don´t really make b/c there with 9x, sometimes with Kx, but very often Kx barrels turn himself or if he bets river then folds to shove