Card Mortality & Losing Sessions!!!!

• Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Hullo!

Not sure if this is "Beginners" or "General", but here goes.

This is regarding losing sessions, not necessarily because you're going busto due to stupid bets/playing wrong hands, but purely because you're card dead.

Yesterday, I played for 1hr 15mins and I lost 10BB. The reason being that the table was super-loose and I was holding out for premium hands. These premium hands never came. I did manage to steal some blinds, and I think I won one hand, but the session result was -10BB.

So my question is, how long should I give myself at a table before leaving? I would've switched tables, but the site I was on is pretty low on FL options. I did consider a SnG, but I kept thinking "maybe the next hand".

How do you break the cycle of cash-leakage??

Thanks for any advice...
  • 3 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey,

Well if a table is super loose than you should stay there. You just have to be patient and wait for the premium hands. As soon as you will get one, the other players will pay you out so nicely.

You should switch the table if the table is very tight and no fish is playing on it.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesZ
      Hey,

Well if a table is super loose than you should stay there. You just have to be patient and wait for the premium hands. As soon as you will get one, the other players will pay you out so nicely.

You should switch the table if the table is very tight and no fish is playing on it.

Best regards,
      Hannes
      I take it that this is where multi-tabling comes in. You keep a super-loose table open, be a rock. Then play on another table with a few more regs?!?
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Yeah, if it is too boring for you, then it is better to open a second table. But again you try to open a fishy one.

Cheers,
      Hannes