Known players:
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $9.29
      BB (Hero):
      $21.94

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      BU raises to $0.40, SB folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) Q, J, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.90, BU calls $1.30. Should have raise to 2.5$ probably?

Turn: ($4.65) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Should I bet/fold the turn? Bet/calling? I went for a check/call line because I did not want to get raised here.

River: ($4.65) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.21, Hero? It is such a small bet.. villain is playing 18/13/af 2.3/85 hands
  • 2 replies
    • jab704
      jab704
      Bronze
      Actually you answered your question about the turn yourself. But ask yourself, what would he bet on the turn that you still can beat? Of course you have outs to the fh (and fd) so c/c is fine. I would prefer bet (/calling) the turn. Your equity even against a straight isn't that bad.

Taking his stats into consideration I would guess that his riverbet on this board is always for value. So even if you get 4 to 1 it mostly should be a fold.

Whats about 3betting pre?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd 3-bet preflop against pretty much anybody, JJ is way ahead of any BU's opening range and JJ will have trouble postflop flopping overcards very often. It plays overall better with a 3bet.

Flop raise is fine, it's more than 3x and you can't jam the turn anyway for less than pot unless you make a humongous raise on the flop.

Turn depends on what he's bet/calling the flop with. If he can have stuff like top pairs with a club or an overpair with a club, which he probably can, you're usually better off bet/calling it off even tho you'll run into big flushes sometimes, you still have outs against those.

On the river it's odd, I'd probably put him on something like Tx with a pair on the flop, that turned a straight but was afraid of the flush and is now valuebetting. It's also possible he checked back a flush. Simply put I don't expect a 18/13 to valuebet worse than JJ there often, but since he's mostly an unknown after only 85 hands, if you have doubts you can call it.

@Jab714: I'd suggest you revise the way you calculate pot odds, Hero's getting a lot closer to 3:1 than 4:1 on the river and I believe it's not the first time I see you write the wrong number, off by 1.

Hope it helps.