Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, BB calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.34) A:heart: 7:club: 5:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

TURN ($0.74) A:heart: 7:club: 5:spade: A:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.74) A:heart: 7:club: 5:spade: A:diamond: T:spade:

BB bets $0.72, Hero calls $0.72

BB is 57/0/1,2 WTSD is 26 after 50 hands

Damn river. I wanted to fold because my hand is not that big. But I still win against KQ, QJ, busted straigghts. He might want to bluff me because he thinks I don't have an ace because I didn't bet turn. And one more reason - he bet river against me few times before and all I folded, so I wanted to check if he is actually bluffing or not (quite expensive information :D )
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Problem is, villain has Ax and 7x far more often than busted straights. You will also almost never see stuff like QK, QJ. Calling such a large bet is going to be a loosing proposition.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Problem is, villain has Ax and 7x far more often than busted straights. You will also almost never see stuff like QK, QJ. Calling such a large bet is going to be a loosing proposition.
      This. Personally I tend to bet the turn in those spots, tho maybe not with 87, with K7 I would. He can still call with worse hands and if we get raised we know we're smoked anyway. A side effect is that he'll often check the river to us again even with good hands, and we can check behind. When I know villain better I might switch to bluff inducing lines, but without knowing what to expect I just err on the side of valuebetting.

Hope it helps.