[NL2-NL10] KQ river decision

• freespirit47
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, Q.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.3) T, 9, J (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.93, BU calls $0.93, SB folds.

Turn: ($3.16) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU calls $1.50.

River: ($6.16) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, BU raises to $4.88, Hero ???.
  • 4 replies
    • EconomistFTW
      hi, im new here and i want to share with my view on this hand:
      -on turn i´d bet more something like $ 2.20 ... i think he would fold on this bet pairs, maybe two pairs and weak flushes
      -bad card on river, i think check/fold would be better, you beat just few hands
      P.S. nazdar slováčisko :)
    • THESHade
      WP Sir
      on T bet more like Economist pointed out
      R- I liek ur blockbet and when u blcokbet then ur plan is to fold so fold, he wont raise u w worse cause that Tx improved his range a lot so make ur life easy and fold , u can actually jsut ch/F but Ilike blockebts on NL10, jsut so powerfull&l
    • MaestroOfZerg

I agree with the other members, bet bigger on the turn. The only hands that usually don't raise the flop and raise that turn are flushes that you're drawing dead against, so if you get raised it's not a painful fold even if you make it bigger for value against worse hands to begin with.

On the river, the only problem with the blockbet in that spot is that against weird villains you might actually get them to raise with stuff like AsTx believing it's for value just because you look super weak. So it's not bad at all against most people, they'll call with a J and raises flushes it'll work out perfectly, but the spazzier the villain the more often you risk actually blockbet/guessing against a worse hand. When in doubt on that level I tend to just not bet and trust myself to make the correct decision after a check.

Hope it helps.
    • freespirit47
      thank you guys!

fwiw, i folded and he showed JT for a full, so a bigger bet on the turn wouldn't change much in this spot, but i definitely agree to bet bigger in these kind of situations.

Once again, thank you for your help!