Steps and Points.

• fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hello!

I was wondering a bit, do Steps tickets count for FTP for Ironman from the entry fee, and for rakeback for the same?

Been thinking about looking into them a bit more, but if they don't, I may just skip it entirely and play normal SNGs which do qualify for both..

Happy for any replies.

Regards,
      Richard
  • 15 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      as far as i know,

yes they do count for ironman because they generate FTPs and yes obviously all rake you generate will contribute to your rakeback payment (steps are raked).
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      so if you play a steps lv 3 and win a steps lvl 3 ticket will you get additional rake for the 2nd on as well and so on so on
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      so if you play a steps lv 3 and win a steps lvl 3 ticket will you get additional rake for the 2nd on as well and so on so on
      thats a good question. i dont think the ticket you win will count, because its a ticket and you have only paid the original rake from the first game...

but i really dont know so someone else will have to confirm
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Some weeks ago I played two matrix SNGs with tickets from the shop and I received Full Tilt Points. :)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      the ticket includes the tournament buyin + the entry fee therefore ftp for ironman and rakeback apply normally
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies. :)

Regards,
      Richard
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      wow its quite easy to win a level 3 ticket when you play a level 3 steps, this been said if you play a number of them and even if you do only win the level in witch your playing you will recieve a good bit of rake, i like this steps concept now
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      That was my thought exactly, and why I asked about it, Pogodon. :)

If it qualifies for rakeback, you buy a S1, $0.3 which is negligent, then with the S2, you pay a $0.7 fee which is from what I understand here qualified for rake, then you get to S3, and rake another $1-2, based on if you do turbo or superturbo.

It could well be worth the effort I reckon.

Richard
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      the concept is the same as if you were to win 4.5BIs from 1 SnG. then spend the winnings on 4.5 more SnGs of the same BI.

the difference between doing that and steps is you only play 1 step which = 4.5BIs.

if you think you have found some magical way of getting more RB then im afraid you havent. in fact doing it with steps will increase the variance because where you can simply play 4.5 seperate games from the winnings of 1 game. now you are only playing 1 higher BI. so the variance on 4.5 games is obviously going to be lower than 1.

think if you make it up to step 4. which is a $70 BI. and lose. you just lost 70BIs of $1 steps. yes you made a little extra RB but you would be much better off playing 70 games of your normal stakes.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      the concept is the same as if you were to win 4.5BIs from 1 SnG. then spend the winnings on 4.5 more SnGs of the same BI.

the difference between doing that and steps is you only play 1 step which = 4.5BIs.

if you think you have found some magical way of getting more RB then im afraid you havent. in fact doing it with steps will increase the variance because where you can simply play 4.5 seperate games from the winnings of 1 game. now you are only playing 1 higher BI. so the variance on 4.5 games is obviously going to be lower than 1.

think if you make it up to step 4. which is a $70 BI. and lose. you just lost 70BIs of $1 steps. yes you made a little extra RB but you would be much better off playing 70 games of your normal stakes.
      +1

or spend the winning on a tournament which cost 4.5BI (and have no BRM :f_biggrin: )
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      think if you make it up to step 4. which is a $70 BI. and lose. you just lost 70BIs of $1 steps.
      that only happens if you are the first to bust
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      think if you make it up to step 4. which is a $70 BI. and lose. you just lost 70BIs of $1 steps.

ye this was my point, its quite easy to win a ricket when you do them steps sngs now you might not win a ticket that will advance you do the next stage but you could win one that puts you back in the same position or worse a step below wither was it seems better to me then doing a 1$ 9 man sng and getting 4$ for first place, although that is a good point that you have to actualy reach the top of the step to get some $$$$$
    • jnkFDH
      jnkFDH
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      Originally posted by alejandrosh

ye this was my point, its quite easy to win a ricket when you do them steps sngs now you might not win a ticket that will advance you do the next stage but you could win one that puts you back in the same position or worse a step below wither was it seems better to me then doing a 1$ 9 man sng and getting 4$ for first place, although that is a good point that you have to actualy reach the top of the step to get some $$$$$
      I wouldn't compare steps with regular 9ppl SNGs in that way. Or if i would i'd say that 4th place in a 9man SNG is like 6th in a step. They are played differently and i would say it's not worth wasting your time. Plus , i don't think you wanna bust AA < KK 9th in a 70$ sng. You know it happens :)
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      It mentions on the website the following - Does this mean that I can cash in a Step Up tier 3 ticket if I was to win one?

ie. Register for a different tournament with the ticket, then un-register and claim back the tournament dollars?

I played in a tier one SnG earlier and won entry into tier 2, but don't want to try going through all the various levels I only really want the cash!

Steps Tournament Tickets

Steps Tournaments award Tournament Tickets to the relevant level, based on where you finish. Use these tickets to buy in to your next Steps Tournament until you crack the top prize.

Steps Tournament Tickets, for Step 3 and above, can also be used to buy in to any tournament with an equivalent buy-in amount. For example, if you win a Step 5 ticket worth $216, you can buy in to any $200 + $16 tournament, such as the $750K Sunday Guarantee.

Please note that Steps Tournament Tickets are not transferable to other players, may not be converted to cash or T$ and are non-refundable. Tournament details are subject to change without notice. Learn more about Tournament Tickets for a range of tournaments, including Steps Tournaments.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      Originally posted by Philfox1985
      It mentions on the website the following - Does this mean that I can cash in a Step Up tier 3 ticket if I was to win one?

ie. Register for a different tournament with the ticket, then un-register and claim back the tournament dollars?

I played in a tier one SnG earlier and won entry into tier 2, but don't want to try going through all the various levels I only really want the cash!

Steps Tournament Tickets

Steps Tournaments award Tournament Tickets to the relevant level, based on where you finish. Use these tickets to buy in to your next Steps Tournament until you crack the top prize.

Steps Tournament Tickets, for Step 3 and above, can also be used to buy in to any tournament with an equivalent buy-in amount. For example, if you win a Step 5 ticket worth $216, you can buy in to any $200 + $16 tournament, such as the $750K Sunday Guarantee.

Please note that Steps Tournament Tickets are not transferable to other players, may not be converted to cash or T$ and are non-refundable. Tournament details are subject to change without notice. Learn more about Tournament Tickets for a range of tournaments, including Steps Tournaments.
      You seem to be answering your own question. You can however exchange your step3+ticket to a matrix sng or some ftp but if you unregister you will jsut get your step ticket back