BB: $13.68
      UTG: $3.70
      MP: $22.45
      CO: $10.51
      BTN: $10.40
      Hero (SB): $10.00

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:club: K:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.20, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, MP calls $0.70

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) 7:spade: 3:heart: 4:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.35, MP calls $1.35

Turn: ($4.60, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets $2.30, MP raises to $4.60, Hero raises to $7.75 and is all-in, MP calls $3.15

River: ($20.10, 2 players) 2:club:

Villain is unknown.

I didn't expect him to have boat or 4x here, I thought he could do this with some PP that is over pair on this board and that I'm pretty much committed here, so I've decided to shove.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Fine by me unless you have a sick read on his lines. I agree with you that he could sometimes play stuff like JJ this way, so I'd play it the same way.

I assume he ended up showing you a better hand, which doesn't necessarily mean you were wrong about being ahead of his range. It just means he had a better hand this time around. Recognizing when the results actually prove you wrong and when they don't is a big part of keeping a good poker mindset. And generally, nutted hands are always in people's ranges for continuing with the hand, so getting shown the nuts once hardly ever proves you wrong per se.

Hope it helps.
    • Gugi19
      Gugi19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MaestroOfZerg

I assume he ended up showing you a better hand, which doesn't necessarily mean you were wrong about being ahead of his range. It just means he had a better hand this time around. Recognizing when the results actually prove you wrong and when they don't is a big part of keeping a good poker mindset. And generally, nutted hands are always in people's ranges for continuing with the hand, so getting shown the nuts once hardly ever proves you wrong per se.

Actually no, he didn't he called me with QJo and I couldn't see any logic in that. That is way I posted this hand to see if I played it OK or I should give up on turn, cause only I can beat is pure bluff and "I don't know how to call it - sick call" :f_cool: .

MP shows Q:heart: J:diamond: (One Pair, Fours)
      Hero shows K:club: K:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Fours)
      Hero wins $19.10

Hope it helps.

Thanks it helps.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gugi19

Actually no, he didn't he called me with QJo and I couldn't see any logic in that. That is way I posted this hand to see if I played it OK or I should give up on turn, cause only I can beat is pure bluff and "I don't know how to call it - sick call" :f_cool: .

MP shows Q:heart: J:diamond: (One Pair, Fours)
      Hero shows K:club: K:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Fours)
      Hero wins $19.10

Hope it helps.

Thanks it helps.
      well 3-bet pot players often make the moves and in his eyes I think he was pot committed to the pot. Nh, you got 100bb all-in him drawing dead :)