fusionpk - hu4rollz

• fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      No longer rly require NL10 coach, but more like an NL25 coach, or just a coach :D . Just want someone who is > me to help improve my game, I can't afford much but im sure up for doing some sort of profit deal etc.

Hey hey, this is fusionpk (aka ownagesbot for anyone that uses irc).

I had a blog before when I was grinding 45mans, but I stopped that and withdrew roll, like I had planned too. I have played alot of different stuff since, mainly MTTs which I did alrite at, made decent profit and I feel like they are definitely my best game, however I tilted off some of my roll and also had to take a break from poker to sort out my rl and so withdrew my roll.

So I sorted out rl and started poker again I deposited $50 because I had spent my roll on partying etc. I played some MTTs and went down to like $10, I didn't rly downswing @ MTTs, infact I had some pretty deep runs, I just simply wasn't rolled for them. So I hit NL2 and I am back up to $65.

I thought really long and hard about what I am going to do, and atm I have a gap year until uni, and I really wana play alot of poker and see how far up I can get. I am not bothered about withdrawing or anything like that atm, all I want to concentrate on is improving my game and moving up the limits. I plan to play about 4k hands a day and to really start structuring my day. Gym->poker->break->poker->go out. Or some sort of routine like that. Probably going to try and hit 2k-4k hands a day, really thinking a minimum of 15k/week, I think this is easily achievable for me, I have played 12k hands in abt 3days so far so this is all good.

I have applied to TTT, I am pretty sceptical about getting in, I mean there are alot of good guys that have applied etc. so my chances are slim, but I would really suit this, my dad is pretty supportive abt me playing lots of poker if I get in this scheme because he realises how much good this could do my game and realises that I could potentially make some decent $$. I think I would be pretty good doing this because I will definitely put in the hours/volume/studying. So anyways we will see. NL2 players prolly not what TT is after :P .

I hope to shoot @ NL5 soon, pretty bored of NL2, I feel like I am pretty much crushing it (although could be ultra sick heater (infactt I am definitely on heater bt I still feel I am beating this limit)). Im pretty confident I will beat NL5 similarly, I think @ NL10 is where my leaks will start to cost me a bit, but with volume (and/or a coach xD ) I think this will be easily rectified.

Anyways like I say my plan is to move up the limits as quick as possible and I will be disappointed if im not at NL10 by christmas, im hoping by then to have played atleast 120k hands and hopefully I will play more.

So here is todays NL2 graph:

So yeah managed 3k hands which is meh, average, I started late today though since I was railing someone on MTT last night and didn't get to bed till late.

And here is last few days, 12k hands:

I mean graph looks pretty solid to me, but obv heater too.

Today I managed to watch 2 SH vids by TT, I started isolating alot more and I got myself in many spots, I think this is more +EV but definitely higher variance than my usual game. I think I played ok but could have been better, some spots I wasn't sure what to do but this is all good for me, I am going to be in alot of tough spots @ higher limits.

I'll tidy up my blog in future posts, try to structure and keep it neat + post some stuff abt real life and also some music etc. If no one reads this blog i'll still be happy, it gives me more confidence in my game when I talk about it and review my day, also I think its a great way to track my progress, it would be great to read from start @ christmas and think to myself "nice I made nl10", I mean maybe I won't make it? But ill give it a go, its sure as hell not impossible.

Goals:
      [] - Watch vid every day, even if I rewatch one its ok, I think I always miss some spots.
      [] - Minimum 15k hands/week.
      [] - Shoot NL5 @ 18BI for 3BI shot (if this doesn't work I might have to grind back up to 20BI and have 5BI shot after, im not so sure yet).
      [] - Get a coach at some point, even if its just a friend from higher limits sweating me for 1hr once a week, helps me improve.
      [] - NL10 by christmas, would be pretty nice, I think its realistic but not easy unless I just kill NL5.
      [] - Post in blog every day.
      [] - Long term i rly do wana get higher like NL50/100 HU for definite, not sure if ill get there, but again ill try my best to do it.

Peace out and thanks for reading :) .
  • 239 replies
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Also 1 hand from today, im not so sure about it.

I flop middle set and he checks, I bet like 2/3 pot and he calls. At this point I put him on like weak A, maybe case Q and some flush draws, (maybe he just peels one off with some gutshot + backdoor flush or something), guy was fish but not maniac. - On turn I decide about how to play the hand, I decide that I want to just set up for a river shove, so I bet a reasonable amount, but too much that he folds his draws/pairs. River sucks for me because it brings the flush, now I think I can't shove here because his line looks so much like a f/d, however he checks to me and in this spot I think he just wants a cheap showdown, I think that if he had KQ he just got there and would prolly call my shove, he might level himself with a hand like AT or something and call, I duno I think the shove is ultra thin but not so bad. When I look back I planned hand wrong, I never thought about club river, thinking about it I should bet more on the turn so that there is less to get in on the river, so the majority of my money is going in good. Anyway he folded so nevermind.

$0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 UTG+1 ($4.08)
      CO CO ($2.45)
      BTN Hero ($2.28)
      SB SB ($9.06)
      BB BB ($5.46)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is BTN Q:diamond: Q:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.08, CO raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.14, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.06

Flop: Q:club: A:heart: 6:club: ($0.45, 3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.32, UTG+1 calls $0.32, UTG+1 folds

Turn: 3:spade: ($1.09, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.65, UTG+1 calls $0.65

River: K:club: ($2.39, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.17, Hero folds

Final Pot: $2.39
      Hero shows
      Q:diamond: Q:spade:

Hero wins $3.45 (net +$1.17)

UTG+1 lost $1.11
      CO lost $0.14

BR now $70 :)
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      So today went terrible, I played really bad and got the usual setups etc. I mean im not bothered about set over set etc. but when I am stacking off KK to set it really tilts me because I know I should fold, I just seem to level myself too much. "Oh he can have AJ here etc." which sure, a fish would have AJ here alot but vs regs who bet so big so quick its an easy fold for sure. Anyway I ran a bit hotter towards the end of the session and managed to finish +2.5BI, I only played 2k hands today because I am going to my grandmas for tea. I think ill put in another 2k tonight when I get back from hers since I am really disappointed in my play today and just wana work on improving my game some more. I kinda know where my leaks are, just need to learn to soul read a bit better and be able to fold more of my overs to sets.

Got in a wierd spot today, 4 way pot I had top set, everyone moved all in, I know someone/all had a straight since there was 4 to a straight, but at this point pot is $10 and it cost me $2 to call, so here I was like :/ 5:1 on a call and I have 26% equity, so I called knowing I was behind, but this is ok right?

I should really have been like +4/5BI up because I stacked off way too light today, I improved it by the end of the session and I think I have atleast learnt from it, although today was prolly my worst day. Can't wait to put another 2k hands in later and crush this game.

Here is my graph:

As you can see, spewy as fuck, but towards the end game improved a bit then a fish decided he wanted to play for stacks xD .

All time graph:

I think I am beating this limit, I think I just had a bad time today, been playing a bit looser, iso'ing alot more and getting into much tougher spots, all good experience though. Also I think I played vs alot more regs today, I still think they are weak but I defo have to stack off much tighter than vs the fish. Also successfully 4b bluffed one reg today, I mean this is NL2 you don't get out of line really, but he was 3betting me from blinds too much so I decided I wanted to sort him out. :D Subsequently he started giving me a bit more respect. I also made sure I had blockers to bigger hands so that it was more likely he was actually giving me shit than value 3b'ing.

Couple hands from today:
      This is the hand I get in behind, knowing im behind, but on turn I have 26% eq and get good odds, HEM calculates this at +$2 EV.

PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG Linesca63 ($1.06)
      UTG+1 snoofy07 ($1.74)
      CO psicoper ($1.89)
      BTN bandarra77 ($4.15)
      SB Hero ($2.29)
      BB Vasgen777 ($4.68)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is SB J:heart: J:spade:
      1 fold, snoofy07 calls $0.02, 1 fold, bandarra77 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, Vasgen777 calls $0.08, snoofy07 calls $0.08, bandarra77 calls $0.08

Flop: J:club: 7:diamond: 9:diamond: ($0.40, 4 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, Vasgen777 calls $0.22, snoofy07 calls $0.22, bandarra77 calls $0.22

Turn: 8:spade: ($1.28, 4 players)
      Hero checks, Vasgen777 goes all-in $4.36, snoofy07 goes all-in $1.42, bandarra77 goes all-in $3.83, Hero goes all-in $1.97

River: 5:club: ($12.86, 4 players, 4 all-in)

Final Pot: $12.86
      snoofy07 shows high card Ace
      3:diamond: A:diamond:
      bandarra77 shows a straight, Seven to Jack
      2:diamond: 10:heart:
      Hero shows three of a kind, Jacks
      J:heart: J:spade:
      Vasgen777 shows a straight, Seven to Jack
      4:club: 10:club:

Vasgen777 wins $6.40 (net +$1.72)
      bandarra77 wins $5.85 (net +$1.70)

snoofy07 lost $1.74
      Hero lost $2.29

And this hand vs fish that kept donking pot, I think I should fold somewhere in the hand but im not sure where? I think I really misplayed this hand, but on flop when he donks pot I think he can have here KJ/flushdraws maybe even some random A6 or smthin, on river I duno why I shove really, but I shouldn't be there in the first place I don't think? He was like 60/6 or smthin. This hand disgusts me, musta really thought he was just bullshitting or something but when I look back at this hand I just want to puke!

PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG Jacob Diaz ($1.61)
      UTG+1 Hero ($2.49)
      CO Mask617 ($1.82)
      BTN nnayann ($1.86)
      SB popovich83 ($1.77)
      BB theBlueTomat ($1.88)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 K:club: Q:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, popovich83 calls $0.05, theBlueTomat calls $0.04

Flop: 6:spade: 4:heart: K:heart: ($0.18, 3 players)
      popovich83 bets $0.18, theBlueTomat folds, Hero calls $0.18

Turn: 10:spade: ($0.54, 2 players)
      popovich83 bets $0.52, Hero calls $0.52

River: 4:club: ($1.58, 2 players)
      popovich83 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.02, popovich83 goes all-in $0.51

Final Pot: $3.61
      Hero shows two pair, Kings and Fours
      K:club: Q:spade:
      popovich83 shows two pair, Aces and Fours
      A:club: A:heart:

popovich83 wins $3.43 (net +$1.66)

Hero collects $0.01 (net -$1.77)
      theBlueTomat lost $0.06
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      So as I said, decided to play another 2k, bringing todays total to 4k hands which is nice. In last 4days I have played 17k hands now and had 2 NL5 shots. (I forgot to mention I shot before and lost 4BI (4BI shot moved back down after), I had KK into AA, set over set, stacked off light twice), anyway, I grinded back up to $70 as of earlier, and tonight I was feeling real good about my game and feeling like I was ready to take another shot at NL5, its definitely earlier than I had initially planned, I had 14BI for NL5, I decided that I would 2BI shot @ it, pretty glad I did, made another 2BI (which is 5BI @ NL2). Very happy with this and im also happy with my aggressive BRM atm, I think I am going to be playing like 20-30k hands @ NL5 before I get to move up to NL10 (not really calculated it but im thinking I want 25BI for NL10). I think by the time I get to NL10 I won't be far off a good reg there, I feel like my game is improving all the time :) .

So current BR: $80 I plan to move back down to NL2 @ $60. (I hope I run good and play good and quickly shoot up to > $100 so moving down isn't an issue).

Going good I think this week might be 20k week (maybe 25k if I push myself?)

Tomorrow if it is dry I have to work, which I am happy about, need real life $$ but in the evening I will get in 3-4k hands I think. Also if it rains I will grind all day since I have no work :D

Here is NL2+NL5 combined for this last week up till now (you can see previous NL5 shot in middle, new shot is last 2k hands):

I think when I shot NL5 first time I was playing a bit scared since my BRM was so aggro and I didn't wana lose a stack, this time I played much better and ended up forgetting it was even a new limit.

Goal(s) completed:
      :diamond: [x] 15k hands in week.
      :diamond: [x] Shoot NL5 (shot a bit early but now I have 16BI and we are shooting a 4BI shot :D ).

I know my NL5 BRM is aggro but I am happy moving back down if it doesn't work out, but so far my biggest swing is only 4BI, so if I do run good (as I have been doing) and NL5 isn't any harder I should be able to launch myself into a decent roll for it, I wana move up quick as possible.

For me now its all about volume to push me up to the next level. :s_biggrin:

Until tomorrow :f_love:
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Looking for anyone to sweat NL5, add me on skype, ty :D
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      So yday I played 4.5k hands @ NL5 played kinda spewy and ran 5BI under EV (shoulda been b/e), so ill move back to nl2 for 1/2days then shoot again, I can definitely beat NL5 tho, I am v confident, today I only played like 200 hands or something but I watched 3 vids & I have played 22k hands this week so im happy abt my volume. I think by this time nxt week I will have winning nl5 graph and hopefully 20+BIs for NL5, at which point I will just aim for tons of volume so that I can get to NL10 as quick as possible, I defo wont be shooting NL10 w/ less than 20 maybe 25BI :)

Still up for sweats btw!
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Wow 22k hands a weak?? That's what I call volume :) Keep up the good work, I may be interested in a sweat session one day :f_love:
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AjoPP1
      Wow 22k hands a weak?? That's what I call volume :) Keep up the good work, I may be interested in a sweat session one day :f_love:
      Thanks man, and cool just let me know anytime! My goal is to get to NL10 and be beating it as soon as possible so that I can reapply to TTT, get some ultra sick coaching and eventually crush low/midstakes xD . I know its very tough to get there but im determined to put in the hours for volume and studying.

So today anyway I am going to play NL2 until I grind my roll back up then hit NL5 some time next week. Need to also watch some more vids. I think next time I watch a vid I will watch it twice and will take notes w/ pen and paper because its not really sinking in all the time, I need to focus.

I need to stop stacking off light vs regs, I need to remember these guys are not fish and are most likely nits. I defo need to stop bluffing, cbet/give up, maybe barrel if I have some good equity in hand like nfd or something, but defo need to cool it.

With the points I earn on stars I am playing sunday mill sats and unregistering for T$, when I have enough I will have 1 big MTT day, hopefully luckbox something to boost my roll :D

Ill update after my session :P Maybe play 5/6hr today, possibly more but work tomorrow so maybe dnt wana goto bed later than 1am.
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Nice volume. I think you will crush nl5 for sure and definitely reach nl10 by the end of this year. You're really motivated, so its nice :) Keep it up! ;)

edit: Just remember -> Don't try to make a sick soulread or amazing bluff catch or smth like this on these micro limits. Trust me your bankroll will thank for being simple, smart and value poker player.
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      How many tables are you playing at once sir? and what site? Sorry I couldn't find that info in the thread if it is there.

I'm currently 16-tabling NL5, just interested in how a fellow multitabler handles it, my screen has four tables on it at once, one in each corner, and 3 more tables behind it, so four groups of four.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by utenosmelynas
      Nice volume. I think you will crush nl5 for sure and definitely reach nl10 by the end of this year. You're really motivated, so its nice :) Keep it up! ;)

edit: Just remember -> Don't try to make a sick soulread or amazing bluff catch or smth like this on these micro limits. Trust me your bankroll will thank for being simple, smart and value poker player.
      Thanks man, yeah def need to be careful :P

@lozz hey, I play stars, I play between 4-8 tables SH, I will play more for sure soon 8-12, just want to nail my game first, if I feel comfortable w/ my game @ 12 tabling I would be hoping for a 10k day at some time :P . I used to 12-16 table MTTs, managed to cope but it was FR and much more preflop than postflop, so im not sure how I will go on. When multitabling tho I do the same, 4 tiles w/ tables behind them. You play FR or SH? I might kick up the tables today actually 6tabling atm but I would defo be happy with 10 tabling because my NL2 game is pretty good! Tbh number of tables I play depends on what mood im in, how focused I am and what I want to achieve, 1) volume or 2) improve my game, I sometimes just 4 table to analyse my game a bit.

Thanks for stopping by guys :)
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      FR for sure, I couldn't handle 16 SH tables. Currently just thinking about whether FR is a bit of a dead end long term. It seems like all the best winners play SH or HU.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I know what your saying, but I think you can defo grind the monies w/ loads of vol @ micros and then transition to SH later on :D
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      oh, nice poker. so many hands, I managed to play 10k in month or something,

could I know what program are you using? I mean about those charts. Thanks
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      oh, nice poker. so many hands, I managed to play 10k in month or something,

could I know what program are you using? I mean about those charts. Thanks
      For sure, I use Hold'em Manager, but you can also use Poker Tracker 3 or I think pokerstrategy elephant, you do have to pay for them all but I think they all have free trials, generally 1month - 2month trials, which is what I used to start with :D

So played 1.7k hands today 8tabling, was gonna keep playing but ive decided on a break for 20-30mins then I will play 1.5-2hrs more before going out for a meal with my parents, when I get back I will grind 2-4hrs more and hopefully we will have 4k-5k hands for today. Pretty sick been running so good, why do I run so bad and play so bad when I move up? Maybe negative thinking and scared money? mmm maybe I will grind some more BI this time so I am more comfortable. Here is both today + weeks NL2 + weeks NL2+5, the latter is pretty spewey :(

^^ epic NL2 graph

^^ down hill when we play NL5 :( nvm I think I played bad & ran bad and combined = lose money so nvm, I am still confident I am already good enough to beat this limit and I defo will shoot again v soon and I will defo post winning graph this time nxt week and I will defo be at NL10 by christmas.

So I will class week now as Monday->Sat and I aim for 15k hands/wk, so, 24k hands is not so bad :D 1.7k today is sucky but i think by the time I goto bed this will be > 4k.

Thx and dont forget its all about volume xD
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Nice looking graphs there! I want to reset mine and just forget about me trying SH ;)
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Played 3.8k hands, time for bed xD . End of the week now and I manged a grand total of 26.9k hands, v pleased wid volume, same again nxt week! :D
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      very nice looking graphs sir :) .. have to drop me a message sometime and we'll set up a sweat session :)

Peace x
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I dunno if its just me, but I was never a fan of starting at NL2, ESPECIALLY if you have done well in any other variant. you already have a huge edge over the field imo.

I would advise depositing so you can start at NL4/NL5 instead. more efficient use of your time!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I know, got no rl money to put into poker atm, its cool though I mean 2 more NL2 grinding days and ill have 20BI for NL5 ez. Then ill shoot again, I think the biggest difference is stacking off ranges particularly vs regs, overpairs are no good, sure vs mega fish it might be ok but overpairs in general r not good at this limit to stack off, generally if your stacking off an overpair they have set.