MP+1: $5.95
      LP: $1.91
      Hero (CO): $1.93
      BTN: $2.08
      SB: $2.91
      BB: $2.37

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 3:heart: 3:spade:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.02, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.02, BTN raises to $0.06, fold, fold, MP calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.21, 3 players) 8:heart: 3:diamond: 8:club:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.14, fold, fold

Hero wins $0.20

With the flopped full, should have I rather slow played here? How could have I got more action from the PF raiser?
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I'd usually check flop. It's dry and you are pretty safe here, so it wouldn't hurt seeing BTN cbetting, because making any of them fold their hands isn't a big deal, but getting some value out of any of their weak holdings should be our objective.
      If flop is checked around, you can bet out turn. There is no need to really wait and hope any longer unless it's a card that may have improved BTN`s range, like A/K/Q and he may bet out now.
      There is no common scenario for getting maximum value. I suggest not to get too excited on slowplaying, like checking down set on draw heavy board (without any intention to c/r etc.) as standard and stuff like that. If board allows really few possible hand combos for your opponents and it is relatively safe for your hand, you can get a bit tricky, but just don't lose your head!

Good luck!

Edit later: bit misread the hand, edited.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Duudalinja
      Howdy,

I'd usually check flop. It's dry and you are pretty safe here, so it wouldn't hurt seeing BTN cbetting, because making any of them fold their hands isn't a big deal, but getting some value out of any of their weak holdings should be our objective.
      If flop is checked around, you can bet out turn. There is no need to really wait and hope any longer unless it's a card that may have improved BTN`s range, like A/K/Q and he may bet out now.
      There is no common scenario for getting maximum value. I suggest not to get too excited on slowplaying, like checking down set on draw heavy board (without any intention to c/r etc.) as standard and stuff like that. If board allows really few possible hand combos for your opponents and it is relatively safe for your hand, you can get a bit tricky, but just don't lose your head!

Good luck!

Edit later: bit misread the hand, edited.
      I agree overall.

Said differently, it's so incredibly hard for villains to have anything to call with on that board that most of your value will come from people with nothing bluffing into you. You don't lose much of anything either if they check behind, sometimes they'll turn or river a 2nd best hand, if they have nothing they wouldn't call a bet anyway, if they have a pair they wouldn't have call 3 streets so you can start getting value on the turn, and if they have 8x you'll stack them somehow regardless.

Hope it helps.