[NL20-NL50] 25Nl Tt

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Is it alright stacking off here? Also I'm not sure the 3bet preflop was the right play...what do you think?

Villain is 30/26, AF: 10, 3bet 11.5, ATS 52 over 101 hands

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed)

saw flop

MP ($14.65)
      CO ($14.45)
      Button ($36.20)
      SB ($27.90)
      Hero (BB) ($51.70)
      UTG ($24.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10:club: , 10:spade:
      3 folds, Button bets $0.90, 1 fold, Hero raises $2.60, Button calls $1.95

Flop: ($5.85) 9:heart: , 10:heart: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, Button raises $17.85, Hero raises $27.70, Button raises $15.50 (All-In), Hero calls $1.65

Turn: ($72.55) 8:spade: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($72.55) Q:spade: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $72.55
  • 10 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      once you 3bet preflop you can't ever fold any Tx Xx Xx flop.So the only thing you need to do is to get the money in.As you see from the stats he is super agressive so he is probably raising there any JhXx,KhXx,AhXx,and any QxXh.
      Nice hand
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Exactly my thoughts but I figured I'd get some more opinions.

What about the 3bet preflop? Is it wrong?
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by YUKNOW
      Exactly my thoughts but I figured I'd get some more opinions.

What about the 3bet preflop? Is it wrong?
      against such a opponent it's definitely for value but you should make it clear that once he 4bets or shoves you have to call because he might be doing this with all kind of crappy hands(I like if he happens to 4bet small , just 5 bet him small ho still he "has" fold equity or good odds just to call).If you don't like going all in with TT/JJ preflop at all so you shouldn't be 3betting here and just flat and play postflops versus such an agro
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I wouldn't push for like 130bb with TT preflop but I did it cause I think he'd call with like...A9s+, ATo+, 77+ and KQ+ or maybe even KJs, excluding JJ+, AK, he'd probably 4bet those. I'm running pretty good vs that range, I think (haven't equilated it), plus with the right flop I'm probably getting his stack.
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      I don't like preflop too much against a guy with this stats, since it seems likely he'll 4bet us quite a bit and then we are in a shitty spot 150bb deep.

If he does call a lot of 3bets, it's obviously fine.

Postflop should never be a question. Glad you sucked out on him ;) .
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      I wouldn't push for like 130bb with TT preflop but I did it cause I think he'd call with like...A9s+, ATo+, 77+ and KQ+ or maybe even KJs, excluding JJ+, AK, he'd probably 4bet those. I'm running pretty good vs that range, I think (haven't equilated it), plus with the right flop I'm probably getting his stack.
      Just flat preflop you will be getting in SUPER THOUGH spots postflop because he is "MEGA" aggressive and there will at least one overcard on the flop in 50 % of cases (maybe i don't remember exact but you know what i mean) and i'm sure unless you have A LOT of confidence, you won't play your hand optimally and eventually fold versus his random hand.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Yep, that is true, and I like the 3bet preflop but am not like...sure it's the right play. He called vs my 3bets previously, hadn't 4bet yet. Seemed like the kind that when he gets 3bet he doesn't let go and admit he was bluffing. But nonetheless, I'd rather not push preflop with the Ts, if he bluffs it...he's got it. He'd bluff at the wrong pot eventually. :f_cool:

Still waiting for the analyzer to analyze and I'll tell you what he had :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      3-bet pf for value TT is fine against 30/26 and consider it is bu vs bb I think I´d also fold pf if he would 4-bet there (he is just 4-bet bluffing too often)
      You can´t get away postflop, he is raising too often for value pair+draws or higher flushdraws and also sometimes bluffing there although likely not on that raise size
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I think I´d also fold pf if he would 4-bet there (he is just 4-bet bluffing too often)
      I'm not sure I understand you correctly, or you just missed one "not" :) Cause if he's 4bet bluffing too often, isn't it a good idea to push it preflop?

And about the size of his raise - it's potsize, which would be his bluffing size too cause on Everest we only have buttons for minbet and potsize bet so most ppl don't type in amounts and just use the "pot" button when they want to bet biggish.

He had AxJh so I didn't exactly suck out on him but I did win cause the turn was 8 and the river Q.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I think I´d also fold pf if he would 4-bet there (he is just 4-bet bluffing too often)
      I'm not sure I understand you correctly, or you just missed one "not" :) Cause if he's 4bet bluffing too often, isn't it a good idea to push it preflop?

And about the size of his raise - it's potsize, which would be his bluffing size too cause on Everest we only have buttons for minbet and potsize bet so most ppl don't type in amounts and just use the "pot" button when they want to bet biggish.

He had AxJh so I didn't exactly suck out on him but I did win cause the turn was 8 and the river Q.
      yeah, forgot one "not"
      Meaning I would 3-bet there for value and shove over 4-bet. Yeah both of you can´t get away your hands postflop and luckily you won the flip :)