AA over rated???

• sharpy72
      sharpy72
      Bronze
      i recently watched a gus hanson vidio and he stated pocket aces will win the hand 80 percent of the time heads up ive had pocket aces 3 times today at will hill and all three times ive been heads up and all three times ive lost the hand!! for some reason iclient poker is begining to disturb me
  • 20 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      [X] Online poker is rigged.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      it happens in live poker too, just ask matt afflekt
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Cards don`t have memory and feel for percentage my friend :f_confused:
    • waldog
      waldog
      Bronze
      which would u rather play, 22 or AA, a sample of 3 tells you nothing, played over 10 thousand times AA is the best hand , there are cards I don't like seeing when shoving with AA... ie low suited connectors 45 / 56, but against any other pair , lets go... to add my best losing streak with AA has been 7 hands.. number of times won with them ? .. seems we get hung up up negatives.... surely long term they are money makers.
    • nickvdb1990
      nickvdb1990
      Bronze
      they have about 80% eq against any hand preflop, but I win with aces 90% of the time, along with many other players.

The reason is that Hero's AA often can't improve, but we usually take postflop equity away from our opponents if they were setmining and missed on the flop (they had 10% eq and folded) or if we make them fold a gutshot on the turn (again about 10% eq) or a BDFD on the flop (about 5%eq)
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sharpy72
      i recently watched a gus hanson vidio and he stated pocket aces will win the hand 80 percent of the time heads up ive had pocket aces 3 times today at will hill and all three times ive been heads up and all three times ive lost the hand!! for some reason iclient poker is begining to disturb me
      [ ] Sarmple size.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      [ ] Sarmple size.
      Your name suggests bias
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      AA overplayed
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by joecar
      AA overplayed
      I think that this is one of these cases again.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      OMFG.. YOUR KIDDING RIGHT? 3 TIMES? YOUR ACES GOT CRACKED 3 TIMES IN A ROW? OMG.. SOOOO RIGGED. YOU UNLUCKIEST PERSON IN WROLD.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      you are wrong, you either win or lose with aces so everytime it's 50/50
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      OMFG.. YOUR KIDDING RIGHT? 3 TIMES? YOUR ACES GOT CRACKED 3 TIMES IN A ROW? OMG.. SOOOO RIGGED. YOU UNLUCKIEST PERSON IN WROLD.

you relax for all we know he was limping in a family pot or something, just becuase you got dealt AA doesnt automaticaly mean your going to win, although i cant say much poker table ratings have me at never losing with AA but i dont play much NLH so...
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      One of the shittiest thread around these days.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zheelvern
      One of the shittiest thread around these days.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Ahhhhh ... where would my winnings be without ppl misplaying AA ... there's not many things I enjoy more in poker than beating a guy who just limped AA.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      limp PF, c/c, c/c and donk allin on R =)
    • nitaidean
      nitaidean
      Bronze
      When I was new to this site, I found these threads interesting... but by now, after seeing one of these whining threads every 2 days or so, with someone complaining about the unfairness of poker based on their pathetic sample size... god, it just annoys me :tongue:

It's a statistical game! Get with the program! Poker has a lot of luck, in the short term, and short term can mean quite a lot. Either you can deal with that, or you can't - in which case, go learn medicine and be a doctor :) Not much variance there!
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jmackenzie
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      [ ] Sarmple size.
      Your name suggests bias
      :(
    • OnkelHotte
      OnkelHotte
      Black
      Hey guys no reason to get impolite. OP has obv got some bad beats. So lets give him simply honest advice.

Best,
      Tobias