This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50SH 99 OOP vs fish

• THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Party Poker $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1008267
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $75.19
      CO: $74.03
      BTN: $25.00
      Hero (SB): $53.84
      BB: $15.10

CO posts a big blind ($0.75)

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with 9 :heart: 9 :spade:
      1 fold, CO checks, BTN calls $0.75, Hero raises to $3, 2 folds, BTN calls $2.25

Flop: ($7.25) J :spade: 8 :heart: 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, BTN calls $5

Turn: ($17.25) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $8.50, Hero folds

55/20 fish after 20 hands or so
      fotl to cbet 50 after 4 hands

cbet should be standard to protect my equity here + I will get called by worse easily
      Should I barrel? should I ch/c? and why?
  • 4 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Bronze

cbet should be standard to protect my equity here + I will get called by worse easily
      Should I barrel? should I ch/c? and why?

what worse hand completed by this turn ? I mean yep there are a lot but you can't really fold to this turn,even you got a gutshot and he can easily bet there any gutshot and any flushdraw.
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      I hated to ch at the first place but I was time-outing and if I woukl ch/c I would never ch/c R as well so I can be exploited easily , but I guess theres not manny people that will exploit me so I should ch/c at least,
      I hate my fodl as well as much as I hate ch/c though :D

What about barrel? I ahte it even more than anything :D I would rather ch/r than barrel actually cause I ahve blockers for str8 so .... wha tabout ch/r then?
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by THESHade
      I hated to ch at the first place but I was time-outing and if I woukl ch/c I would never ch/c R as well so I can be exploited easily , but I guess theres not manny people that will exploit me so I should ch/c at least,
      I hate my fodl as well as much as I hate ch/c though :D

What about barrel? I ahte it even more than anything :D I would rather ch/r than barrel actually cause I ahve blockers for str8 so .... wha tabout ch/r then?
      he is not folding any flushdraw to check/raise (i think you are going to check/raise probably small like 2.5 max his bet so you don't accomplish much and i think he is calling top pair because the board is super drawy and you can easily check/raise there gutshot+flushdraw also he is IP)and any hand at all unless it is a float which you already beat by calling and letting him bluff river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      consider his stack size it is either c/rai on the turn or shove yourself
      You can maybe also c/f, but board is relaly drawy and he can likely bet out turn all his draws and worse hands, so I think going to c/rai against 50bb on that board is fine play
      If you don´t want to play for stacks I guess you can also c/c once on the flop adn then c/f turn thinking he likely has best hand, but once you c-bet I think you should go with your hand after putting in that much money on that board with quite good pair