Looking for a new poker room

• SamThomas
      Hey guys, Ive recently shut down my FTP account, and was looking for a new site to play on...

was hoping to get some feedback, good or bad experiences on a few of the sites so i can make a decision.
      I've recently had some trouble with FTP and found their customer support pretty dismal considering its such a big company.

Anyway, so I was thinking of joining either:-

Everest Poker

Anybody have any advice? Im obviously looking for the highest fish to table ratio!

• 5 replies
    • pea1984
      Hey there.

I too have recently been looking at switching sites.

Everest (got my $50 starting capital there). I found that at the micro stakes there weren't always too many tables and always the same people playing who were pretty tight. Having said that I did run my $50 up to $170 but I didn't really like the software so I have since left.

888 - I havent played here much but I had a look when they had a promotion on giving away $8 for free. I have to say I quite liked this site, software was ok and the few games I did play were pretty soft. I only played at the lowest limits but it seemed people were willing to gamble with any 2 cards.
      The thing is, although I did quite like it I don't find myself drawn back there but I couldn't say exactly why.

As for the other 2 rooms I have no experience with those so cant help there.
      Hope this helps you in some way and good luck ;)
    • Zheelvern
      Will Hill, not even close.
    • HannesZ
      These sites are all fishy :D

Personally I think that 888poker is the fishiest one, but you do nothing wrong if you chose one of the other sites.

If you follow our downloadguide you will get StrategyPoins as well:

Good luck on the tables,
    • MichaelGotAA
      I'd say 888 or Party Poker. Both are full of fish. I've never dealt with 888 customer support, so I can't say if they are better than FTP, but Party Pokers Customer support is good IMO.
    • SamThomas
      Thanks for the response! I think I'll try 888.

As for WillHill and PartyPoker, I think I've registered in the past, however I have no idea what username I had or anything so I don't want to be caught multi-accounting.

Hannes, I am using a Mac and the download links don't work on my computer. If I download from the site, will I not receive Strategy Points? Or is there some other solution? I do have a Windows laptop, which I could download it too, but I would prefer to be playing on my Mac.

Thank you