They must be kidding

• paaaaau
      paaaaau
      Bronze
      Hello everyone. So my story. I've received $50 starting capital, raked $50. Made a deposit of $50. And now I want to cash out because I'm planning to go play in Full tilt or Pokerstars.. so I need to verify my idenity. I've uploaded scan of my id an I've covered last four digits of id and last four digits of card number. And this is the answer:

Hi Paulius,

This is Richelle from the Age Verification Team.

We have received your email with the copy of your National ID. Unfortunately, we are unable to verify the information held on the account because you have covered the ID number and card number. Please ensure that all the information must be seen.

Kindly resend the requested document so that we can update your account accordingly.

Thank you and have nice day.

Regards,

Richelle
      Age Verification Team
      William Hill Online

Really.. are they kidding? Cause they don't need to know last four digits of id numer. Uncovered number : 3921001 means : 3-nothing 92-years of birht 10-month 01- day. Card number? no comments they just don't need it. And anyway my birht date, name and surename are clearly visible, so wtf is going on here?
  • 20 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      All Major Poker sites are regulated by gambling commissions and are governed by strict rules about age verification to which they must abide or run the risk of losing their licence. At the end of the day it is up to you to follow their rules or not be able to withdraw.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey paaaaau,

Like thazar says, Poker sites have strict regulations to keep you and the pokersite safe. There is a number of reasons like multi accounting, fraud, scams etc etc.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      They could not get away with stealing money off your credit card, just show the number sir.
    • paaaaau
      paaaaau
      Bronze
      I've talked to them, they checked my id scan again and have acepted it.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Glad it worked out for you.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lozz08
      They could not get away with stealing money off your credit card, just show the number sir.
      not only that but they make million a day on rake so they dont really need it :D
    • sbttt1987
      sbttt1987
      Bronze
      Hi. As reading the other days the topics i saw that many players have problems when it comes to withdraw... so i asked one of the support operators if i can send them some copys of my ID before i make a deposit, they said yes I can send them in advance. Ok, i send them 2 copys of my driving license(front-back), and wait to reply...here's what i got:

"We confirm receipt copy of your ID with details: copie permis co... (81.64 Kb) . However, we regret to inform you that as we checked your account, you are not yet eligible to activate your funds transfer option. You may contact us again after 30 days to check your eligibility."

After that i reply to this mail asking for an explicit answer, what's wrong with my identification... they said:

"Please accept our humblest apologies if we cannot make the player transfer option available for your Poker account at the moment.

However, please note that sending us the documents does not guarantee the approval of your request as this is still subject to management's approval.

We kindly ask that you contact us again after 30 days or our Poker team so they can again look into your request.

You will be notified by then if anything else is needed. At the moment, the decision stands until the 30 day period is finished."

So...they must be kidding! 30 days ??? What's taking so long, let's say i wait these 30 days and send them WHAT ? Copy's of all my ID's, bills what? Maybe they'll send me the same answer since they don't bother too much about it.
      What's to do now?
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      just honestly dont worry,they are legit and its part of what they need to ensure safety for all.

gl
    • Marcisz
      Marcisz
      Bronze
      The only reason that I see at this situation is: They just don't want you to withdraw your money and thats annoying, because I have almost raked my 50$ at William Hill too and I will want to withdraw them to play on other poker room. But now I understand that it won't be easy and could take long time.. X(
    • Fubbage
      Fubbage
      Bronze
      I am having the same problem with William Hill. I've sent perfectly legible copies of my ID, but they are claiming they can't read it. I've asked for clarification on what they need, and they said this:

Unfortunately, we still can't verify the details in the documents that you have sent. Kindly send a clear copy for us to have your account updated.

Three times I've emailed the documents. The first photo was a bit fuzzy, but the next two were totally clear. What the hell do they want?

I've tried chatting online, and can't get a response. What a pain in the ass. Why do they make this so difficult that I can't withdraw my own money? And yet it's easy as pie to deposit.

William Hill's customer service sucks.
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Full Tilt & PMI would disagree.
    • IIJonasII
      IIJonasII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      All Major Poker sites are regulated by gambling commissions and are governed by strict rules about age verification to which they must abide or run the risk of losing their licence. At the end of the day it is up to you to follow their rules or not be able to withdraw.
      LOL at this post, they dont give a shit what your age is until you withdraw money, i deposited played ant withdraw-ed on 5 different sites and all sites let me deposit and play before i send them my id and all sites ask for id when i want to withdraw.
      Its not issue for me, now i ask poker site to ask my ID before making first withdraw so no time would be waste, but your post is nonsense.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      It's possible that the ID check failed because the other withdrawal conditions haven't been met. Or it could be that William Hill play silly buggers with withdrawals the same way Full Tilt does. In general it IS going to be more difficult to withdraw from a poker site than to deposit, not because of any supposed gaming commission rules (those offshore "gaming commissions" are a joke), but because the money in your poker account is invested by the poker site and they make money off the investment, so permitting a withdrawal costs them income.

The only poker sites that don't have an ugly withdrawal reputation are Pokerstars and Party Poker. I've always found withdrawals from Party Poker to be extremely easy, and from what everyone has told me Pokerstars is very reasonable about withdrawals as well.

All the same, if any player has succeeded in withdrawing from William Hill, please reply in this thread so that at least I know whether it can be done. It will influence my decision whether to deposit in order to meet withdrawal conditions, and also my decision whether to continue playing should I ever break even on my free starting capital.
    • IIJonasII
      IIJonasII
      Bronze
      I made last withdraw from William Hill this month (2011 april 02). I withdraw almost all BR (left 200 Eu in acc), smaller chunk i withdraw to moneybookers (to deposit to another site) and bigger chunk to my Bank Account no problems (same day withdraw from pokerstars, from pokerstars recyved today from WH yesterday, and on moneybookers received next day that i make withdraw).
      From WH withdrawed 4 or 5 times no problem, only first time was few days delay do the id check.
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      All the same, if any player has succeeded in withdrawing from William Hill, please reply in this thread so that at least I know whether it can be done. It will influence my decision whether to deposit in order to meet withdrawal conditions, and also my decision whether to continue playing should I ever break even on my free starting capital.
      I did. Sent them a copy of my driver's license. My own money, not starting capital.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      they already did
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Bronze
      Hey Paulius, good luck with your withdraw, keep us posted if they finally give it to you. I also have some $ on williamHill, so i hope you get your money back :)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by sinsas
      Hey Paulius, good luck with your withdraw, keep us posted if they finally give it to you. I also have some $ on williamHill, so i hope you get your money back :)
      Sinsas, are all these true for you:

1) You've actively played on WH for 31 days or more
      2) You've paid $150 in rake on WH
      3) You have a moneybookers account
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Bronze
      I am few days short of playing 31 day, because i received 2nd 50$ offer in march 12 by pokerstrategy ( made it 670$ yay!! ). I think i have about 100$ in rake so far, and no moneybookers account. Though i am not going to withdraw just now, i have a feeling i might do something good on that platform :)