Determind to get it right!

• ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Hey all

so right, 3rd time lucky! :f_biggrin: ... had a few attempts before at trying to play poker properly, seem to fool about and get somewhere on NL5 then donk my roll playing something ridiculous like PLO HU and funding the nice regs there :f_cry:

I think the biggest problem is not knowing anyone IRL who wants to play poker for the long term so i dont really talk much proper theory or such so hopefully i can keep this blog up and start to talk about situations etc. with the cool guys at PS :s_cool:

So, here we go .. Started playing NL5 again with a tiny roll of like $20 i had laying around and played a few K hands and up a few BI's and my BR as of this moment currently stands at $57 .. heres the graph so far

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Need to start really slowing my decisions down and starting to think about whos calling with what range and what cards i can barrel on and such but i'll work on it :)

Lookin for people to sweat with and just general poker and i'm almost always online when not at college or gettin drunk :f_biggrin: so add me on skype (ABShortland) and lets chat! :)

Not gonna set any goals as of yet because they're all the same. Just want to improve my game and take it from there

PS. don't drink lots of rum in a short amount of time, bad things tend to happen ...

lmfao i got owned so bad :(

Anyway guys

Peace! :) x

PS. big thanks to justkyle after randomly meeting him at the tables and him encouraging me to post! :heart:
  • 18 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Haha nice blog :D And especially nice picture :p
      I'm currently playing NL25 BSS (WHen my shitty internet connection allow me too X( )
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Just had a few sick hands within about 20 hands

http://weaktight.com/2867967
      http://weaktight.com/2867969
      http://weaktight.com/2867972
      http://weaktight.com/2867973

... pokers not playing too friendly tonight :(

any bad plays anyoe can spot? .. only hand i can really see a problem with is 66 hand but i over bet turn to protect from pairs + gutshots / pairs + FD's
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Where's my kudos? ha

Good to see you decided to make a blog. I will follow fo sure.
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Played some more today but not been playing at all aswell as i should be, stacking off light etc costing me that if i just slowed down a whole lot and thought about their exact range i'd be able to make some good folds

Need to start properly planning sessions and not just sitting down and playing whenever, if i decide i wanna play i need some sort of routine to follow to hopefully help keep me disciplined etc.

Thinking about starting to record my sessions and play them back the next day so i can see myself playing and spot things aswell as just checking over single hands and tough spots... Anyone else tried this and had any results to share?

Still looking for peeps to sweat with round the same level so dont be scared to drop me a line.

glad you enjoyed the picture wriggers haha :D .. hows NL25 going? :) .. got a blog of your own?

anyway

• ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Yoyoyo :)

Got some sick news in that i might have a spot in TeamTwiceT :) .. so i've really slowed my thought process down and took times with alot of decisions, making nice folds and finding some very tough, thin spots.

feeling pretty good about everything atm but i have been getting a good run of cards so time will tell if i'm really making good moves

Gonna stop myself from donking $'s here and there playing MTT's and what not and just focus entirely on my SH play. As i said, feeling pretty confident at NL5 and that i'm a winning player so gonna move up to NL10 when i get 10 BI, pretty aggressive BRM but i know if i need to drop down i will so:

Move up at 10BI for NL10
      Drop down at 8BI
      rebuild to 13BI ... Ship it :D

Anyway

• fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Graphs look solid man nice one, GL at the tables.

Is it possible to make graphs smaller? Don't fit on my nooby screen :f_biggrin:
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      PokerStars Tournament #326542623, Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo
      Buy-In: $1.00/$0.10 USD
      1555 players
      Total Prize Pool: $1555.00 USD
      Tournament started 2010/11/06 20:35:00 WET [2010/11/06 16:35:00 ET]

Dear ABShortland,

You finished the tournament in 2nd place. A USD 189.71 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 305.86 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/leader-board/

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.

---------------------------------------------------

Bonus! :D ... rolled for NL10 nicely now so will be taking shots tomorrow no doubt! :)

peace x

EDIT: Just been doin some thinking and come up with a few volume goals for november, hopefully by the end of novemember i would have ....

collected 2.3k VPP's to maintain goldstar
      in doing this i will unlock a $50 stellar reward and $50 VIP store rake back.

so hopefully i'll have a nice little boost to my BR heading in to december :)

Current BR $240 but planning on shipping this $0.25 stars turbo mtt for $100 bucks so back with good news soon :f_biggrin:

Peace x
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      congratz wooo
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      ok so haven't posted in a week or so and wanna get back into blogging so heres a quick update :)

first shots at NL10 didnt go too good and donked off some money playin micro bi mtts so BR dropped down to about $200.

created a new DB to keep track of everything for TeamTwiceT and i'll post that in a min.

current BR is only at $227 unfortuanetly, getting owned by the dealer at PLO10 FR was not nice and dropped like $40 there. getting it in good just doesnt seem to be enough for plo, sick game! :p ... also took a little stab at nl25, just to have a sneak peak and lost a BI even though i was only 2 tabling. so it seems i really need to work on controlling myself and only playin NL10 and setting aside a separate roll on like FT for the things like PLO and MTT fun :f_biggrin:

Also seem to be runnin pretty bad in the 280FPP 1/4 hyper turbos and not getting much RB that way so think im just gonna save up FPP's and go for the $50 as planned originally, guess it sucks i could have so much more RB but i dunno. guaranteed $ is gonna be nicer to estimate my roll on the end of the month or whatever sooooo...

Starting to feel pretty comfortable with NL10 now and upped it to 12 tables so hopefully gonna start putting in some sick volume.

Only running at 3.84bb/100 though so my game still needs a huge amount of work on it. Someone said they found stopping bluffing literally at all on NL10 (even if its a great spot) is so +ev, maybe i need to work on this and not leveling myself into bluffing :)

So, currently at $227 and only 620 VPPs away from unlocking the $50 stellar reward which i should hopefully have unlocked wednesday, definately thursday and maybe even today since im gonna put in a sick monkey grinding session now with no sleep :f_biggrin: .. only at 70FPP aswell so need to earn 2.25k VPPs to get the $50 vip store bonus which i think i'll get at the end of the monther no prob.

4.6k VPPs off platinum star for next month, maybe i'll aim for that, seems like a nice target. if i 12 table at say 800 hands / hour which seems like a modest amount, its only another 50 hours according to fpppro calculators, which is nice :)

Anyway guys enough ramblings for one day, thanks for reading if you have

Peace! X
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Regarding messing about on PLO and MTTs, if your going to play them, just play lower limits than what your grinding. This way it won't hurt your BR because your not as experienced in those areas.

I still think the 280FPP STs are the best value and the $50 bonus is just terrible FPP/$ ratio but thats up to you ;)

Come for some sweats and chat sometime stranger ha
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      i agree with kyle, the $50 bonus is horrible, either grind the 280FPP super turbo's, or save up until you can buy one of the bigger bonuses.

if your able to maintain platinum pace and can go into the new year as a platnum star, you would be well on pace to go for supernova next year as well, which is worth something like 20k? in rakeback/bonuses
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well taking 50$ its not the worst thing you can do, since its like 5 stacks on your limit. But yeah 280fpps turbos are the the best way to go, but thats just a lot of gambling and it can easily happen that you bust 10 of them in a row as well as winning 10 of them in a row.

I also love playing MTTs, its such a great feeling to get to the final table. Personally i only play them on sundays for the T$ i get from those super turbos. I think MTT's are definitely worth playing since there are so many donkys playing them. I think i wen't like 5 months of being breakeven in MTTs, didn't manage a single final table from like may till the end of september, and now i've got into 5 final tables in the last month.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      You shouldn't need a bonus to move up on such low limits. <NL10 is fishy enough to win 5 stacks in a day if you just study and evaluate hands.
      those micro bonus's are just so bad $ wise. I'd rather buy a t-shirt which cost $5 to make than those bonus's
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Come for some sweats and chat sometime stranger ha
      i'm always on skype just usually grinding / doing something else so i dont really talk much (even in TTT) so just say hey :)

Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      if your able to maintain platinum pace and can go into the new year as a platnum star, you would be well on pace to go for supernova next year as well, which is worth something like 20k? in rakeback/bonuses
      can anyone confirm this? O.o .. not got my research head on atm ha
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      my bad, 20k was the 300k SN level

For a platnum star going for Supernova

FPP's: $3,199.70 (199981 FPP's @ $0.016 per FPP)
      Milestones: $2000

Total: $5,199.70
      $/VPP: $0.05199696
      Rakeback: 28.6% (Tournaments/SH Cash) or 31.2% (FR Cash)
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      hi .... king d8
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      -Thanks for the confirmation Alc :) 20k for SN seemed a little too good to be true :p

So just managed to unlock the $50 stellar reward which is a nice little boost! :)

story of my life at the minute as far as poker goes => play like a spewtard, lose 8 stacks in 5 minutes ... few hours later, still playing like a spew tard, win 15 stacks in 5 minutes.

graphs so swingy sick i really do need to calm down and now be so much of an aggro spewtard monkey!

from the 8th up untill now played 31k hands which is ok i guess. really need to start having sessions of just 4/6 tabling and really going over the situations / peoples ranges / whats the best way to extract value etc etc. so thats something to think about for the rest of the month

made $142 and currently at 4.6bb/100 which if im honest with myself seems pretty terrible :s_cry: ... was hoping for something more around 6 - 8bb but 31k isnt that big of a sample size so who knows, still got a lot of strategy learning to do and alot of personal development :f_cool:

Also after what everyones said i guess its best to just keep grinding out the sunday 1/4mill sats. same story over and over, get sucked out on for 3rd place, then bust out 1st in the retry haha :f_biggrin: ... oh well, play enough and i'll be cashing in a few at a time :D

Anyway, with the $50 stellar reward my BR's up to $350 which im happy about and hopefully if i can keep myself under control i will start seeing a steady increase in my BR hopefully leading up to a shot at NL25 with 20 BI under the watchful eye of the TTT guys :s_biggrin:

Anyway enough for today

Peace! x
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      that is some serious swingyness haha.