MP1: $9.30
      MP2: $10.10
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $29.59
      Hero (SB): $10.29
      BB: $7.68
      UTG: $16.11

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Q :heart: Q :diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, BTN raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.45, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.20) 5 :diamond: 7 :spade: 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.40) T :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90

River: ($6.20) J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.60, Hero calls $4.60

vilian is 11/7/3 over 313 hands
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Do you have any specific reason for not 3betting preflop? I would just jam in 3bet against him. His range can be so wide and you are just giving him free cards. Otherwise I don't like the passiveness at all because you don't get any information from him, what kind of hand does he have. Preflop 3bet would just give that information for you. On flop I would likely just Check/Raise and try to find out what kind of hand does he have, or even bet myself out. We have to protect the hand and also get value from others, otherwise as played I am just giving up on river, seems like we are beaten. Don't expect him to bet 3 streets with a lot worse hands, so without any reads I am just giving up on river.

Best regards.
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

Do you have any specific reason for not 3betting preflop? I would just jam in 3bet against him. His range can be so wide and you are just giving him free cards. Otherwise I don't like the passiveness at all because you don't get any information from him, what kind of hand does he have. Preflop 3bet would just give that information for you. On flop I would likely just Check/Raise and try to find out what kind of hand does he have, or even bet myself out. We have to protect the hand and also get value from others, otherwise as played I am just giving up on river, seems like we are beaten. Don't expect him to bet 3 streets with a lot worse hands, so without any reads I am just giving up on river.

Best regards.
      hmm guess i played it too passively , guess its ok to 3bet preflop at this spot , in a blind vs btn range wars.