This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Blind Steal MSS Rush NL25 bluff on all streets

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($26.37)
      UTG ($25.93)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      MP1 ($25)
      MP2 ($28.95)
      MP3 ($25.10)
      CO ($10.95)
      Hero (Button) ($9.98)
      SB ($28.02)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 5
      6 folds, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.40, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.25) 8, 6, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, SB raises to $2, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($5.25) 10 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1

River: ($7.25) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, 1 fold

Total pot: $7.25 | Rake: $0.36

I put him on a draw but risky? I was crinching as doing it. thinking that it was bad play but did it anyway. what do you think? fold on flop?
  • 4 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

I hate the call on the flop. You have trash (GS) so just fold. You stole, cbet and it failed.

As played, why do you bet that small on T+R? Any pair and draw (if any) will call you down because they get the correct odds. So you made him fold the river with some broadway or a strange draw.

Which draws do you put in his flop range 97 and 75? 97 got there on the turn...

T.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      when i say draw could just have been 2 high cards, possibly suited. I completely see your point.the call on the turn was strage especially with a flush draw coming. Most with something will reraise. As for the bet size, in Rush betting 2bb from BU is standard as so many people just check the check/fold option. I do agree that it was a bad play.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello!

If you put him on a draw, I think you do not even beat that draw on SD when draws are missing.
      Also when you bet/3bet Flop you mostly going to be up versus a draw and you have to hit a ''clean'' 9 or 5 to win SD

So in the end I would fold to a raise on the Flop because your hand only functions as a blocking hand against a draw. FUrthermore it is toast versus a made hand. And the ways of winning with this hand @ Non-SD is pretty high variance with a low expected value

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      ty