This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] got married to AA?

• gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.67
      MP2:
      $1.03
      BU:
      $9.48

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.17, 2 folds, BU raises to $0.29, Hero raises to $0.90, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.73, BU calls $0.61.

Flop: ($2.75) K:diamond: , 7:diamond: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.96, MP2 folds, BU raises to $3.92, Hero raises to $10.77 (All-In), BU calls $4.66 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($19.91) 4:club:
      River: ($19.91) 6:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.91

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows three-of-a-kind, kings (Kh Ks)
      Hero shows (As Ad)

BU wins with three-of-a-kind, kings (Kh Ks)

my AA got beaten by a set of K's..

was my game on the flop wrong? ..

did i get married to my AA or i should've folded after his reraise on my cbet?

... i lost a lot of hours of grinding on this one hand.. ooouch!
  • 7 replies
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      I'd stick it in on flop also.
      On NL5 they can pretty much have there AK,KQ,KJ,KT easily(AK less likely),or even push w/ hands like TT+.
      Nh imo.
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      but after reviewing my hand.. . its very unlikely he got KQ, KJ, KT becuase he could not call a 4bet on preflop with those..

only maybe an AK could.. and its less likely he got another ace..

.. so i was thinking i should have easily placed him on KK..

. maybe a QQ could call a 4bet preflop.. but he can't call an cbet..

thanks for your thoughts bro.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I would also mention out that you are almost 200BB deep, I don't really except him to have there that often a worse hand that I'd like to go broke, I like the idea of Bet/Fold on flop, thought in some cases it might be a bit tight but it's a multiway pot and also we are 200BB deep. I'd just Bet/Fold.

Best regards.
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      thanks! .. looks like I need to consider how deep my stack is next time..

in conclusion,.. i think i did got married to my aces..
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would personally not b/f on the flop
      Just he can likely make the same play with AK or flushdraws and if you´re against set then you still have backdoor flushdraw that gives you extra outs.
      Player has to be really nit that I´d consider b/f there aces
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      preflop raise size is bad imo, at least make it 12bb, and on flop its ok 2/3 pot and call, exception is if u bet one calls and the other player is shoving or reraising a small ammount like BU...minraises or 2x raises usually means a set, u got the A block so they dont have AK, KQ wont really be so brave with 2more players on the flop with top pair, that leaves u to sets, or a very stupidly played flushdraw..but u need stats for this, if BU is loose then u can easily shove, if its a tight player he cant have sets, coz they wont ever call a 4bet (even if its a normal 3bet bet size) with 22/77 imo. so that leaves u to bluffs, or slowplayed KK...shove imo anytime, and raise bigger pre, now that i think of it..i'd even make it bigger, 14bb ye at least
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      hello osza..

actually i 3bet to 14 BB preflop.. i squeezed to 3 times his raise..

so you were saying it was better if i bet / call on the flop..

and bet fold on the turn? .. would that make me pot committed with around 7 dollars pot already?

thanks kaitz! . .so , is it just a case of a hand i can't get away that much?