Reg infested? Looking for clean water!

• nitaidean
      nitaidean
      Bronze
      Hi there fellas :)

A pondering, if I may: I have accounts on both Full Tilt and PokerStars, and was wondering what type of game on each site is least reg infested. I play both cash and SNG's, but certain games tend to be popular with regs at different times, and damn it - I'm just not interested in shipping chips back and forth with other good players :P Lol...

From my experience, I see that turbo SNG's on FTP from $6 and up are quite loaded with regs, and FR cash games on PokerStars even at NL25 are not SO fishy (I mean, there are some, but most tables have 1 or 0 fish sitting at them).

So what's nice and "fishy" these days on those two big sites? What niches of poker are less regged up than the others, and are worth putting some coin into?
  • 14 replies
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      FT cash games from around 20:00 ET to 03:00 ET couldn't get much more fishy sir.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lozz08
      FT cash games from around 20:00 ET to 03:00 ET couldn't get much more fishy sir.
      Pretty much the same on stars i played about 30k hands last month and HEM says against 4.5k players, and i think i only marked about 10 of them as Good solid regs im finding most of the regs can be just as fishy as everyone else but that might just be cos im on NL5
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      It's 2010, everything is reg infested
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      I'm sure there is no reg infestation problems on any site at any time on NL5...

I think nothing that gives you a decent $/hour will be super fishy. But with table selection games should be beatable.
      At stars and FT games are probably softer in general when a lot of americans are playing. At night on weekdays and afternoon+ on weekends.
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Oh, and I think at about noon (US time) turbo SnGs might also be very soft. Just tried that once, no sample size :f_biggrin:
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      nl25 is soo soft any time
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Micro-stakes Stud is uber-fishy anytime anywhere.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      i dunno why you would even care if there are less than 4 regs on your table.

I determine whether I want to stay based on position. if I have an idiot to my right and some nits on my left, its easy $$ imo. steal the blinds often and take all the fish's money. nh gg.

etc

and speaking of regs, most of the "regs" at micros arent even winning players!
      aka they are exploitable too, use head , etc.
    • nitaidean
      nitaidean
      Bronze
      Just to make clear, what hours ET tend to be fishy (when all the americans come out to play)?
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i think 8-12ET you get a good volume of fish.

The really bad and drunk ones show up after 12 but not too many of them.
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      16:00-16:05
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by santostr

Why? dont people play NL5 regularly?...
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      I've noticed a pretty interesting thing at NL2 6 max @ FTP. It's not unusal to see 6-7 people waiting to join a table. I never join a waiting list with more than 1 person waiting, let alone 4 or 5. Don't know why people do it, by the time they join the table there will be another 5 TAGs playing with them ?(
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Originally posted by santostr

Why? dont people play NL5 regularly?...
      Because if your a good regular you move up before you play 20k hands? And there's not much difference between the micros in terms of skill level.

And stars have plenty of fish at all times, but on the other hand its true that most regs play there as well so table selecting gets more and more important as you move up the limits, even on NL50 and up.