This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[FTP] Withdrawal options?

• DonJuansen
      DonJuansen
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, I have some questions concerning the withdrawal options on FTP.

Currently I have ~$500 that I want to (eventually) transfer to my bank account in Euros.

1) FTP charges around 5% of the total amount withdrawn. Is this deducted from the rake or from the amount transfered?
      2) Is there any conversion fee that FTP charges for $/€ transfers?
      3) Is there any reason to use moneybookers/netteller as a 'middleman' in stead of directly transfering to my bank account?

So mainly, which transfer option would be the best? Or are all similar? I don't mind waiting a few days on the cash.

Thanks!

PS This was also posted in 'Beginners' section, but i feel it belongs here.
  • 10 replies
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      1. Rake

2. No

3. No

Local bank transfer. Around 9 business days last time I withdrew.
    • EdVardenis
      EdVardenis
      Bronze
      Visa credit card, bout 5-6 work days to me ;) Lithuania ;)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey DonJuansen,

I closed the beginners question thread. Please don't create multiply threads. You can always ask a mod to move your thread.

Re your questions: What the others have said sounds good :)

Any problems let us know.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • DonJuansen
      DonJuansen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Hey DonJuansen,

I closed the beginners question thread. Please don't create multiply threads. You can always ask a mod to move your thread.

Re your questions: What the others have said sounds good :)

Any problems let us know.

Regards,

Kyle.
      Apologies for the multithreading, next time i'll ask someone to move the thread!
      Thanks for the replies, i'll just do a bank transfer then!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      It's fine.

Goodluck with your transfer.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      They charge 5% no matter what method of payment? So if I withdraw $1000 they will deduct $50 from my rake, therefore I'll lose $13.50 from my following rakeback payment?

Sorry for the stupid question, I just want to clarify this because I understood it differently. I thought they deducted from your rake based on the method of payment and the fees associated with it. For example, payment to a Visa/MC is normally ~3% and e-wallets such as moneybookers charge a low percentage or flat rate. I thought that was why moneybookers and the like were preferred, because they are cheaper. I thought that the 5% was for a bank transfer/cheque directly from Full Tilt.

Has it always just been 5% for everything? Why use moneybookers then?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      AFAIK we don't know exactly how much they charge. FT has never officially said how much the charge was. All we know is that there is a transfer charge that is deducted from the rake.
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      hmm, I think moneybookers can be good if you want to avoid taxes :P
    • EdVardenis
      EdVardenis
      Bronze
      I believe, that 1,3% of your 1k$ withdrawal will not affect a lot ur pocket, will it? :)
    • EdVardenis
      EdVardenis
      Bronze
      But anyway, I definitely agree that its useful to find out the best opportunity :) And Zamonda, what do u mean taxes? For government or for FTP? :)