FLOP ($2.15) T:heart: Q:heart: K:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG checks

TURN ($2.15) T:heart: Q:heart: K:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $1.61, UTG raises to $4.50, Hero calls $2.89

RIVER ($11.15) T:heart: Q:heart: K:diamond: Q:diamond: 6:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $6.90, Hero folds

UTG wins $10.60

Villain is 11/11/50, AF:10

I think the turn should be 3bet/call, yes?
  • 3 replies
    • bradomurder
      say he's raising 8% UTG about right?

take out all the ones that he would not raise and you get QQ+,TT,AJs+,KQs,KTs,QJs,AJo+ against this range you've got 30% equity.

so 3bet is way out.

calling is probably bad cos you cant stack off if an A or 9 non heart hits either cos 4 to a straight on the board and he wont get it in with worse.

a low heart would be ok but still I don't like the situation.

b/f is good after he's checked the flop.

don't rule out donking the flop either although this flop is so good for c-betting I guess c/r is better
    • falcone1983
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      take out all the ones that he would not raise and you get QQ+,TT,AJs+,KQs,KTs,QJs,AJo+ against this range you've got 30% equity.
      What kind of range is this? How often do you think he'll check the flop with a set, or two pair, or TPTK on this board? His range is much narrower than that: AJ (but basically only if he's bad), AQ, JJ, maybe sometimes QJs or JTs if he's opening them. All of those hands, except JJ and JTs could be raising the turn.

Leading the flop & stacking off can never be bad of course, but check/raising is fine too (just unlucky the worst possible turncard came).

On the turn you can't really bet/shove, since you have 30-32% vs. any reasonable range you can give him. You obviously do have the odds to call his raise, and on the river it's a simple fold.

Nice hand.
    • Kaitz20
      I think you very often see there AQ. QJ would likely bet flop with pair+oesd and not sure QT would raise turn or if he is ever going to open that hand
      Only reason you to 3-bet turn and call shove is to make him fold AQ, but I doubt he is doing that, so I think your play turn and river is fine
      he may fold AQ to c/rai, although also a lot of people would b/c there with trips, so fold is likely better
      I would likely lead out that board and go for 3 streets for value on blank turn and river cards. No need really to give free card smt like Ax and you may sometimes bluffraised on the flop where you can then 3-bet flop and shove any turn card. People are not likely going to c-bet every times there Ax or 88 that you should go to c/r every time