This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 - 22. What to do on flop+? (RUSH)

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 1009858
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+2: $32.02
      MP1: $14.59
      Hero (MP2): $44.80
      CO: $19.45
      BTN: $25.00
      SB: $27.50
      BB: $11.00
      UTG: $20.25
      UTG+1: $14.37

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP2 with 2 :heart: 2 :spade:
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75, 1 fold, BTN raises to $3.35, 3 folds, Hero raises to $7.50, BTN requests TIME, BTN calls $4.15

Flop: ($16.10) 5 :diamond: 8 :heart: 6 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($16.10) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($16.10) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

His 3b was 13% so i decide to 4b bluff, but when he calls i wasn't sure wether to carry it though or not so decide to check, what should i have done?
  • 4 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      tough spot I hate these ones.

I think you did the right thing. his range must have a lot of pairs, probably AK too. AK is folding anyway so you might as well check it.

once he checks back the flop and turn he's probably got a pair lower that QQ, or AK and I doubt most people will fold an overpair here so its way ahead/way behind.

I don't think someone who calls a 4bet with a mid-pair would ever fold it here so there's no point betting

I'm really unsure, mostly just posting this so I can come back and look at the judges response later and compare with mine
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      4bet is really small, and I don't like it much in general. Are you really balanced here (especially if it's Rush)? It's so easy for an aggro player who's squeezing here to think "WTF is this s***, he never has the nuts, so I'll just ship my AJs/88 in there and hope he'll fold" (Trust me, been there, done that ;) ).

Postflop you can't do too much I guess.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      oh ye ? most ppl see that min4bet and insta fold QQ in rush...so ..:) ) the min4bet is fine but u gotta bet that flop somehow or if u dont, then i would 100% bet the river representing the flush.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      problem with 4-betting 22 is that you don´t have any blockers to big hands , you´re putting 30% of your stack with very marginal hand and if get called then don´t really know what to do postflop.
      A lot easier option would be just fold pf or if you make these plays also with QQ+ then I guess it is fine.
      If you check then you´re going to c/f. he may check down smt like AQ/AK if he didn´t shove these hands pf, but I think shoving is also ok option. You ahve shown a lot of strength pf and he may easily fold there pp-s