[NL2-NL10] KJo -- what next?

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Note: PokerStrategy hand converter failed 3 times on this hand.

CO ($2)
      Button ($3.05)
      SB ($1.02)
      Hero (BB) ($2.11)
      UTG ($2.37)
      UTG+1 ($0.98)
      MP1 ($1.32)
      MP2 ($2)
      villain (MP3) ($0.66)

This is only the 5th hand of the session.
      villain has enterred every pot, but PF Raised only one, and folded prior to showdown each of the previous 4 hands
      He has also lost all but one.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, J
      UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.02, 1 fold, villain calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.10) 10, A, 7 (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, villain checks

Turn: ($0.10) 3 (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, villain bets $0.10, 1 fold, Hero ?, ...

My thinking:
      I'm out of position, I've really nothing but K high w/ a gutshot straight draw, and I can't even represent a flush draw. If I fold this, I'm only losing the blind, which I would have lost anyway, and I'm only getting 2:1 odds and I need at least 10:1 for a gutshot, since even pairing up won't help if he does have Ax

OTOH, he appears to be on tilt -- he has enterred every pot, but folded before showdown in face of aggression -- should I walk on him?

Note: I did all this thinking AFTER the hand.

Thanks,
      --VS
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Sometimes I would raise pre and show who's the master there, but I'd do that if there would be less limpers and there would be chance we could make to fold most of them, so in this case with 4 more players in the hand checking BB is fine.

Flop is fine, I wouldn't bet out. Some of them may have Ax, SD, gutshots, FD and they will reaaaally rarely fold them, so I'll better hope to see free turn and improve with my clean outs.

I'd fold turn. He's short and there's great chance he will just shove over you if he is pissed of everyone running over him lately and he may just happen to have reasonable hand he will never fold. Our outs are too blurry and our odds are too bad to chase this hand, so fold and let it go. Don't bluff fish. It's too expensive. :)

Good luck!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Thanks for that...
      In the actual game, I just looked at what I had, looked at the pot odds and didn't feel like tangling so early in the game.

I just tossed it in.