$2
      MP2:
      $1,2
      CO:
      $1,98
      BU:
      $0,58

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , 9:spade:
      MP2 raises to $0,04, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,04, BU calls $0,04, Hero calls $0,03, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,18) A:heart: , 8:diamond: , 7:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0,14, MP2 calls $0,14, 2 folds.

Turn: ($0,46) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,36, MP2 raises to $0,72, Hero raises to $1,20, MP2 calls $0,30 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($2,50) 2:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2,50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows four-of-a-kind, deuces (2h 2c)
      Hero shows (As 9s)

MP2 wins with four-of-a-kind, deuces (2h 2c)

despite villains "odd" play in this case, should i fold it on the turn there? I figured he was pushing with a draw or a lower pair, but maybe it isnt likely enough?
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Treating him as almost unknown with tendencies of fish (sample size is micro, but minraise pre, pretty loosish stats this far and a bit more than halfstacked).

Flop lead seems fine enough as c/c is tough here on this board and possible bad cards out there on turn, but your Ax could be good enough given the preflop action. His calling range imho is all kind of draws, Ax, 77/88 as we no idea how he plays them and if he i going to raise any of them at this point.

Turn bet is fine I think as there are still damn many draws out there and he may easily call with a lot of them pre. When he minraises I think we can't really fold given our odds and we have no idea how he handles any of his weak aces, draws or any other weaker hand, so I think it is fine as played. If he had full stack and there would be reasons to believe he is playing straightforwardly and raising two pairs+, calling with his draws IP etc. - I may find a fold here.

Good luck!