New Full Tilt Draw Poker Games

• cgoldie
      cgoldie
      Bronze
      So what do you guys think of draw games? Full tilt just added them and i've been trying them out for the first time. I'm playing 5 card draw and 2-7 triple draw both NL. they are fun and seem like good games.

There's some talk on forums and such about these draw games saying there is no skill but I must say after playing them I disagree.

2-7 draw is a bit lucky and a little straight forward but fun non the less. regular 5 card draw is fun, most strategy seems to involve good starting hand selection and position, and then postflop gaining information from your opponents based on the amount of cards they re-draw is essential and gives you a big edge especially in position. Bluffing can be quite easy checking a semi-decent hand and raising if its checked to you.

What do you guys think of these games overall, variance wise and strategy wise?
  • 3 replies
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      I friggen love draw poker! Draw was the first game I learned how to play when I was a kid. Since it was me, my brother and my dad we would take out all cards under 6 or 7 out of the deck and play limit for beans.

I tried it on full tilt (5 card NL, not enough players at FL) and found the game play quite nice. I played draw on another site before but I didn't like it. So far, however, I am REALLY enjoying myself playing draw on FT. I play the NL a lot like FL, though, saving bets when it is wise to do so, not just because of what I have, but because of the info I may give.

I haven't even played 1000 hands yet, but it seems so far that people's hand selection is too wide. 5 card NL I think is quite full of strategy, it is just a different kind. After a while, if you aren't careful, those cheap check check showdowns give a lot of info coupled with preflop raising and # of cards drawn. I feel like there aren't as many variables to consider because there is no community board, so the info that IS given is even more telling (preflop range, betting size as it relates to made hand range etc).

In draw you aren't so much wondering if your AJ is good against the other guys ace, you are wondering if your opponent makes a bet with a pair or more than a pair. What I mean is that, much like PRO NLHE players, you are looking at range on a meta level. I feel like I'm not making sense... Imo, it isn't about what individual cards your opponent has, it is more about their made hand range + bet size, tendencies.

Also, the fact that there are only 2 betting rounds on 5 card NL means you really do not have too much time to build an elaborate story, or force your opponents into thinking they have to make a tough decision. Again, this leads to the moves that ARE made being much more telling if you are paying attention.
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      I also tried some 5 card NL last night, really enjoyable as it was the first game I played too.

I definitely think there is some real money to be made because the players right now are like... lol.
    • Mulatu
      Mulatu
      Bronze
      I'm a limit lowball geek. Been playing micro Badugi, 2-7 TD, A-5 TD and some 10-Game since Thursday. Really love the gameplay... it's fast and intuitive. FTP did a great job implementing these games.