PartyPoker Charging Un-Active Account?

• tonduluboy
      tonduluboy
      Bronze
      Well when i registered there, i never read the Term n Service section.

So, i refered 2 of my friends there (recreational players). Recently both of them told me that their accounts have been charged for non active account as below:

18 OCT 2010
      "Our records show that that you have not logged in to your account for 180 days.

A $ 1.68 administration fee** has been charged to your inactive account. The next charge will be deducted from you account balance on: 16-Nov-2010 ET.
      However, this fee will NOT be charged if your account, or any related account, is reactivated on or before 15-Nov-2010 ET. "

I think as a low limit n recreational players, this rules really bad for them.
      The poker room has already make tons of money from player n they still wanna charge account fee.

As a result of this, i will stop refering my friends to play there n asking anyone here,

Does other pokerroon doing the same thing? Pls state here, it will be very useful for low limit n recreational player. TQ very much...
  • 7 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      It pays to read the terms and conditions of anything before you sign up imo. :f_biggrin:

I'm fine with Party Poker doing this. Leaving money in an account for 6 months and not touching it costs money to poker sites, they still have to audit the account like any other account.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      They say they'll charge your account even when it has no funds in it, though... and yet, you aren't allowed to close accounts... makes absolutely no sense imo.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gedwashere91
      They say they'll charge your account even when it has no funds in it, though...
      No it doesn't, go back and read it again. :f_grin:

You are not charged anything at all if you have no funds in your account.
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      will the account go into minus if they charge it with zero dollars in it?`If so, i can agree with ged. otherwise, it's not a problem. 1.68$ if u haven't played for 180days, come on, don't tell me that's the biggest issue in anobdy's life

Edit: ribbo answered it quickly :) nvr mind the first question
    • tonduluboy
      tonduluboy
      Bronze
      well its not a problem for me,

what i'm trying to say is, it not good for a recreational player. U might say 1.68 is no big deal for some, but for those who only deposited $10, it is big deal 7 months twice charging fees.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Basically they took my 9c of freeroll winnings off me. Woe is me :f_confused:
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gedwashere91
      They say they'll charge your account even when it has no funds in it, though... and yet, you aren't allowed to close accounts... makes absolutely no sense imo.
      I had a talk about partypoker customer support about this. Of course if you have no money they don't have the right to do anything about it..

BTW partypoker is the funniest site ever. They always give me free 10$ or 20$ to play with :/