[NL20-NL50] NL20 JQs against overbet on river

• N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - Poker Hand Converter from PokerConverter.com

saw flop

Button ($18.63)
      Hero (SB) ($32.65)
      BB ($18.45)
      UTG ($13.50)
      MP ($8.52)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , J:spade:
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) 3:heart: , Q:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.99, BB calls $0.99

Turn: ($3.18) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB calls $2

River: ($7.18) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $10.40, Hero calls $10.40

Total pot: $27.98

villian is SUPER LAG,and a """bit""" fishy:
      81/12/50
      3agf,river aggression freq: 65%,river agf:6.5 WSTD: 30%

I felt the way he is playing 100% against me IP while we were playing and called everything no matter of raise size preflop,also was calling super much postflop.

Also give me tips against overbets.Recently I get jammed overbet a lot and I can't find proper decisions for this kind of bets coming mostly from LAG's and most of the time on drawy boards when flush/straight misses.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If player tends to overbet then just bet yourself river 4$ and I think he won´t really jam too often missed draws on you, but might call you down with worse hands
      Against that opponent I won´t really never going to c/f river, since he is really playing too many hands and I think he is trying to bluff you quite often, so if i check I´d call his overbet

Generally against overbets, they tend to be nuts when passive players shove. When aggressive player take that line then it is for bluff or for value and there can´t really be a good advise if you should call or not. Depends also a lot how he is sees your range and if you can call down or not. If he thinks you can´t then a lot of times it is bluffs, since he has really no reason to do that for value