[NL20-NL50] NL20 AQ on BU against 3bet

• N0pr3s3n7
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - Poker Hand Converter from PokerConverter.com

saw flop

SB ($23.42)
      BB ($20.30)
      UTG ($15.74)
      MP ($23.29)
      Hero (Button) ($22.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q:heart: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.55, SB raises $1.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.30

Flop: ($3.90) 4:heart: , 2:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.95, Hero calls $1.95

Turn: ($7.80) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.20, Hero raises $19 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $16.20

Most of the time I hardly call AQ against aggressive opponents because of the bad playability(or probably it's hard for me to play it IP)so i either 4bet bluff or fold.This time i cold called because this 3bet for him at the table was probably 5th in 10 hands.

villian is:
      3bet: 7%,3bet from SB: 6%
      aggf: 5%,WSTD: 20%,cbet 73%.
      At this time he was playing fairly LOOSE with like 85+ cbet and 3bet: 15%.
      Against his overall range which consists of AxXx and pocketpairs probably.But i think he prefers cold calling 22-TT instead of 3betting any of them.So i felt I was playing most of the time (of course against JJ-AA but with 2 blockers he has JJ/KK-12 combos and AA/QQ - 6 combos so overall 18 combos.) against AT+.Since i was holding the Ad and expect him to barrel this turn(although it changes literally nothing at this time he was barreling everything and i saw him few times being catched with total air in such spots) I pushed to accumulate maximum fold equity against his hand.I expect him to probably fold 55-JJ without the xD and also AxKd.

I don't know if he exactly has much stats on me but i pretty much have 56% fold to 3bet,11% 4bet with 4bet range: 1.6%.I also started cold calling with QQ-AA and 4bet bluffing all other stuff to balance my 4bets and my 3bet cold calling range.Is it also good decision given my stats and my reads on him?

Any thoughts overall?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      against 30/29 I´d also call pf AQ. You can 4-bet and play for stacks, but call is also very reasonable. once you call you can´t really fold his c-bet on that board where he is c-betting all his 3-bet range that AQ is easily ahead and since you have fold equity then shoving turn is also fine. Don´t expect him to fold there 66+ or likely also Adx, but AQ overall has a lot of equity if get called so your play there is fine.

Your overall 4-bet strategy is fine. Since he is 3-betting a lot flatting big hands pf and then playing postflop against his wider range seems good idea and you should often stack him. Also 4-bet bluffing is fine option and then you can also 4-betting also for value if he is starting 5-bet jamming you with wider range