SB: $74.90
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $90.45
      MP: $50.00
      Hero (CO): $54.80
      BTN: $80.85

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has K:diamond: K:heart:

UTG raises to $1.50, fold, Hero raises to $4.50, fold, SB calls $4.25, fold, fold

Flop: ($11.00, 2 players) 8:club: 5:club: 7:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.50, SB calls $6.50

Turn: ($24.00, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $12.50, SB raises to $25.00, Hero raises to $37.50, SB calls $12.50

River: ($99.00, 2 players) 6:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.30 and is all-in, fold

Against unknown.
      Funny hand but i think i missplayed it on the flop and turn.
      When he cold calls 3b i put him on something like TT-QQ, AQs+
      Do you cbet this flop? Or is it better to chb for pot control? I might get a call from one club hands but i dont want to be craised.
      On the turn i should bet/fold, cc flop cminr turn is such a monster line.
      No comments on river :f_p:
      Thoughts?
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Would you expect to get ck-raised bluffed on this board by an unknown? A cbet here gets you value from his one pair hands (and protection), which I believe are quite frequent in his range. If you check you give control of the hand to him and while you pot controlled it's still possible to have a relatively large pot by the river.

Given that he is unknown and that his ranged for calling preflop and now on the flop is skewed towards overpairs and/or draws I'd bet larger, perhaps 8-9. Remember he doesn't know what your "standard" cbet in a 3-bet pot is. By betting bigger on the turn you allow yourself to potentially bet bigger on the turn and lock more money in there while you are ahead. I'm curious as to way you leave yourself 6.5 behind on the turn.
      What monster can he have on the turn besides a slowplayed AK of clubs and rarely AQ of clubs (if he is a casual player he could have boats but unlikely).
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Silver
      ty for reply
      I think youre right, i must bet the flop for value and protection and because 4th club will kill my hand or the action if im ahead.
      My question is, if i got cred on the flop, whats the best play shove or just call and see next card and action? Against flushes im death and against Ac x hands im fliping, against QQ-TT im good but i doubt taht villain will play overpairs like that.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If you don't expect villain to raise worse made hands for value (TT-QQ) and don't really have a reason to believe he could be bluffing bet/folding is the best play on the flop.
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      Bet flop bigger, get it in if raised.

Bet turn bigger, hate your life but probably still get in if raised.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by falcone1983
      Bet flop bigger, get it in if raised.

Bet turn bigger, hate your life but probably still get in if raised.
      i think this is best play. but if i have a read that UTG is a reg that dont get out of line, i may just bet fold, some random 88 77 AcKc AcQc etc. or he could turn his PP with club draw as a semi bluff.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Like flop and turn bet. very hard to think you´re beat on the turn and although min-raise seems scary I´d still shove for value.
      About your river shove, not sure that TT/JJ/8x would call your river shove on that river card so I´d likely check behind. he is not folding better hand and not sure if he would call shove with worse