This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

For any starting begginer

• edgegs
      edgegs
      Bronze
      Hi there, my name is Alessandro and I am from Brazil.

I am not really a "begginer", just played some hands in my life, as everyone, lost some and win a part of them.

Some days ago I received the PokerStrategy starting bankroll at FullTilt Poker, and I will give some advices based on my own experience.

I started playing following the "Starting Hands Chart" table (please, watch this video), and got almost 20% of profit in some hours, nothing bad for a start.

As mentioned in the page Short Stack Strategy: Beginner's mistakes (Mistakes #3 and #6 ), some hours later, I started to be worried, I got some big hands beat by really bad calls, then I had a "really nice" idea to play more hands because everyone were beating me with poor hands, I was on "Tilt". The result I got is that I have no bankroll anymore, all my mone is gone.

Please, make sure to read the Short Stack Strategy: Beginner's mistakes page again and again.
      Doesn't matter how good you are, if you were caught in one of those mistakes, you will lose.

That's my advice.

Good luck.
  • 1 reply
    • OnkelHotte
      OnkelHotte
      Black
      Hey edgegs,

thank you for that post. This is great advice for every player.

However I am sorry you lost your Bankroll. What are your plans now?
      Did you consider building a new BR by playing freerolls?

Best regards,
      Tobias