ICM Explorer guide?

• 9 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      I will consider making a video on more advanced uses, but the "Call Push?" button is the one I use the most, too.

You can see some explanations of the other buttons by looking at the built-in tutorials (in the dropdown menu below the About button) which set up the stacks and blinds and bring up a few paragraphs of text for each button.
    • Raisolution
      Raisolution
      Bronze
      Pzhon, is there a way using ICM explorer to calculate if it's profitable to call a 3bet shove or resteal after we raised first in? If not, can someone tell me how to do the math in these spots?
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      setup the stacks as usual,

put your bet amount in your bets column, and in whatever limpers or caller's bets into their bets column too.

click bettor for the player who is shoving, caller is yourself. click call push.
    • Raisolution
      Raisolution
      Bronze
      Ok, thank you! Just to make sure I got it:

Is this calculation right for a bubble situation, where I raise from CO and the BU 3bets all in?
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      yea that looks about right, i think you don't even have to fill in the bets column for the BU if he is pushing, should get the same result as long as you set him as the bettor when you click call push
    • Raisolution
      Raisolution
      Bronze
      Тhanks! You got a beer from me! :f_love:
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      yea that looks about right, i think you don't even have to fill in the bets column for the BU if he is pushing, should get the same result as long as you set him as the bettor when you click call push
      Correct, there should be no difference. The bet size is changed to the effective stack depth.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      can ICM explorer handle 3-way pots?
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      ICM Explorer is not designed to handle 3-way pots. There is no system for calculating side pots, and I am not 100% sure that players are ranked by their starting stacks if they are eliminated on the same hand. Nevertheless, you can use ICM Explorer to get a rough idea of how risk-averse you should be in some multiway situations.